In This Section
Networking Opportunites for Alumni
Alumni networking is the exchange of information and ideas among people with a common profession or special interest. As an alumnus, your list of special interest starts with your university.
We acknowledge the importance of traditional networking conducted through in-person interaction. We also know that in today’s constant information world, we need to supplement in-person interactions with online activities—which is why we launch Nexus, the University’s online mentoring and career help site.
We plan to use both means of networking - in-person networking events, and USciences Nexus—helping you stay connected to your follow alumni in your same interest groups.
The Office of Alumni Relations manages several networking events throughout the year. We offer a variety of events such as breakfast networking meetings, industry-specific speakers, roundtable discussions, happy hour meet-ups, and receptions at some of the largest annual professional meetings that our alumni attend, including American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), American Pharmacists Association (APhA), American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA).
Career Pathways, Explore the Unconventional
Hosted by the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), this panel discussion and networking event provides both professional development and networking opportunities. While addressing the need for guidance in job-seeking etiquette and networking skills, the GSO identifies alumni with unique career trajectories and asks them to share with current graduate students, stories and advice on the many different occupations available with a USciences degree. In addition, the event incorporates speed-networking, to get as many of the attendees to meet each other and network.
In-Person and Online Networks
Our alumni and students have asked us for more opportunities for networking and mentorship. To supplement the in-person events we host, USciences has launched Nexus, a platform to engage students and to keep alumni involved online.
USciences Nexus is an exclusive online interactive gateway for mentorship, professional networking, peer driven career advice, job leads and more.
- Tap into USciences alumni community and expand your professional network around the globe.
- Volunteer as a career advisor or mentor, to offer career advice to students and fellow alumni.
- Post jobs for your company or organization to recruit USciences alumni and students; or view current openings and employers seeking to hire USciences graduates.
If you are not yet a member, sign up today at nexus.usciences.edu
State and National Professional Organizations
Many of our programs have state and national organizations that can be helpful for networking among professionals in those fields, including but not limited to:
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP)
USciences on Linkedin provides high-level insights about our alumni as well as access to the more detailed professional profiles they've shared.
- See what alumni in your field have accomplished since graduation and expand your sense of what is possible for you
- Identify alumni in your field and reach out to them for their industry expertise and career opportunities
- Learn about job opportunities and mentoring partnerships
Director, Alumni Relations
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495