In This Section
- Information For:
- Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Applying for Financial Aid
- GI Bill / Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Retaining Your Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Office
USciences Opportunity Scholarship
As the cost of higher education continues to be a barrier to many students in need, University of the Sciences is opening the door to rewarding careers in science and healthcare with our new USciences Opportunity Scholarship. This scholarship makes tuition one less hurdle on the road to success for eligible Philadelphia high school students who otherwise might find a university degree to be unaffordable.
After federal and state grant funding has been awarded, the USciences Opportunity Scholarship will cover 100 percent of the remaining tuition and general fee* for the first four years of your program of study.
To qualify, interested students must be:
- Accepted as a first year student into an undergraduate or direct-entry professional program at USciences. Upon successful acceptance to USciences, eligible students will be sent relevant application and verification forms.
- A Federal Pell Grant eligible student.
- A Philadelphia resident, and preference may be given to residents in the immediate vicinity of USciences’ campus in the 19104, 19139, 19143, 19145, and 19146 zip codes.
To apply, interested students should:
- Complete a USciences application or a Common Application.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). In addition, certain tax documents will be required to verify your Pell Grant eligibility.
- Email the following to email@example.com with the subject "Opportunity Scholarship", no later than March 1:
- A supplemental essay. In 200 words or less, please describe a future career goal and how a USciences education will help you to reach that goal.
- Financial aid Verification Worksheet with required related documents.
Awardees will by notified by March 15 with an April 1 deadline for acceptance of offer.
*This scholarship does NOT include room and board, health insurance, or any professional, clinical, or transportation
Patricia Vanston, EdD
Vice President for Business Development and Enrollment Management
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810