In This Section
- Information For:
- Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Applying for Financial Aid
- GI Bill / Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Retaining Your Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Office
Cost and Financial Aid -
Students in Certificate Programs
In the fall of 2020, the tuition and fees based on your program of study will be frozen and stay at that level for the remainder of your time at USciences.
Tuition and Other Costs
|Certificate Students —Tuition, Fees and Other Costs
Students Entering Fall, 2020
|Tuition † ‡
||$1,000/credit, billed each semester|
|University-sponsored Student Health Insurance – Plan Premium ^||$1,840|
|Room and Board *||$13,556- estimated based on double room occupancy for fall and spring|
† Tuition for these students is frozen at this level for duration of their program.
‡ Graduate Discount applied to original $1,676 per credit cost. (Certificates in Health Education and Communication, Health Informatics, Marketing Writing, Regulatory Writing, Pharmaceutical Business, Pharmaceutical Marketing, and Finance)
* Room and board costs are subject to change annually. Amounts shown are 2019-20 costs. Costs may vary depending upon meal-plan option selected and residence hall assignment.
^ Health insurance costs are subject to change annually. Amount shown is 2019-20 cost. Enrollment required of all full-time students without equivalent health insurance coverage.
The University Administration reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and room and board charges.
Students are encouraged to plan for the indirect costs of attendance; which are not items charged by USciences.
- Books and supplies: $1,050/year, estimated
- Off-campus room and board (students who are not living with parents or family): $17,166/year, estimated
- Transportation for commuter students (students living with parents or family): $1,800/year, estimated
- Transportation for students living off-campus or living in on-campus residence halls: $700/year, estimated
Eligible students in Graduate Certificate Programs at USciences may request to borrow federal student loans.
Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loans
Federal unsubsidized Direct Loans are loans in the student's name, and do not require a credit check or cosigner. Financial need is not a requirement to obtain an unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, on which interest accrues while the student is enrolled.
Federal Student Aid eligible graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 per academic year. Students must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 5 credits per semester for graduate students) to borrow this loan.
- The interest rate for 2018-19 is fixed 6.595%
- The FAFSA must be submitted each year to borrow Federal Direct Loans and students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to retain eligibility.
- Origination fee for all Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans is 1.062%
- First time borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) AND Loan Entrance Counseling
- Each year, the Department of Education will reset the fixed interest rate based on current market interest rates
- The standard repayment term is ten years, but many repayment options are offered by the Department of Education, including extended, graduated and income-based repayment.
- Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to retain eligibility.
Federal Graduate PLUS Loans
The Grad PLUS allows graduate students to borrow funds to further assist in paying for their education. The PLUS has a fixed interest rate that is currently 7.595%. The maximum amount that can be borrowed is the cost of education minus any other financial aid (including loans) received. There is an origination fee of 4.248% that will be deducted from each loan disbursement.
Standard repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed, but students may request an in-school deferment while the student remains at least half-time. Deferment will delay the payment of principal while the student is enrolled in school. Interest will continue to accrue during this time and can be paid or capitalized.
Eligibility for this loan is determined by a credit check. Students must complete the PLUS Request Process at studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. If credit approved, a separate Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Graduate Entrance Counseling is required to receive credit for the loan.
Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to retain eligibility.
Private Alternative Education Loans
Alternative Educational Loans are available from a variety of private lenders to cover the total cost of education minus any other financial aid. These loans offer different repayment options and have variable interest rates.
Some Private Alternative Loans are available to international students. International students are typically required to apply with a cosigner who is a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please review our Lending Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with other details regarding Financial Aid offered by University of the Sciences.”
Financial Aid Office
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Griffith Hall, Room 100