Cost and Financial Aid -
Graduate Students in Professional Programs

Tuition and Costs

Choose the program listed below to see tuition and other cost information for bachelor degree-holding students entering one of our professional degree programs

The University Administration reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and room and board charges.

Types of Financial Aid


University Merit-based Awards

Scholarships are awarded based on GPA and standardized test scores submitted in application materials. Students are automatically reviewed by the Admission Office, and can qualify for one award. Merit awards are renewable for the duration of the student’s estimated time to achieve degree completion and are applicable to tuition.


Federal College Work-Study

The Federal College Work-Study (FCWS) Program at USciences is designed to stimulate and promote the part-time employment of students who are Federal Student-Aid eligible and have demonstrated financial need based on information submitted on the FAFSA.

Students who are awarded FCWS may work up to 20 hours per week for the University and receive the award in the form of an employee paycheck. All positions are on campus.


Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loans

Federal unsubsidized Direct Loans are loans in the student's name, and do not require a credit check or cosigner. Financial need is not a requirement to obtain an unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, on which interest accrues while the student is enrolled.

Federal Student Aid eligible graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 per academic year.  Students must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 5 credits per semester for graduate students) to borrow this loan.

  • The interest rate for 2017-18 is fixed 6%
  • The FAFSA must be submitted each year to borrow Federal Direct Loans
  • Origination fee for all Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans is 1.069%
  • First time borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) AND Loan Entrance Counseling at
  • Each year, the Department of Education will reset the fixed interest rate based on current market interest rates
  • The standard repayment term is ten years, but many repayment options are offered by the Department of Education, including extended, graduated and income-based repayment.

Federal Graduate PLUS Loans

The Grad PLUS allows graduate students to borrow funds to further assist in paying for their education. The PLUS has a fixed interest rate that is currently 7%. The maximum amount that can be borrowed is the cost of education minus any other financial aid (including loans) received.

Standard repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed, but students may request an in-school deferment while the student remains at least half-time. Deferment will delay the payment of principal while the student is enrolled in school. Interest will continue to accrue during this time and can be paid or capitalized.

Eligibility for this loan is determined by a credit check. Students must complete the PLUS Request Process at If credit approved, a separate Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Graduate Entrance Counseling is required to receive credit for the loan.

Private Alternative Education Loans

Alternative Educational Loans are available from a variety of private lenders to cover the total cost of education minus any other financial aid. These loans offer different repayment options and have variable interest rates.

For information about other Alternative Loans, see our Private Educational Loan List, also found under Forms.

Some Private Alternative Loans are available to international students.  International students are typically required to apply with a cosigner who is a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Please review our Lending Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with other details regarding Financial Aid offered by University of the Sciences.


Financial Aid Office


Office Location: Griffith Hall, Room 100
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
600 South 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495