In This Section
- Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Information For First-time Undergraduates
- Information For Transfer Students
- Information For Graduate Students in MS and PhD Programs
- Information For Graduate Students in Professional Programs
- Information for Students in Certificate Programs
- GI Bill / Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Retaining Your Financial Aid
- Financial Education
- Financial Aid Forms
The Value of Your USciences Education
This is a smart investment: a high-quality, high-value education in today’s most in-demand science and healthcare fields.
You’ll gain hands-on experience with world-renowned faculty, who’ll help you publish your research. And you’ll benefit from a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio and 100 labs.
Our graduates step into careers with competitive salaries right away:
- 86% of our students have employment in place by graduation day.
- 95% of our graduates are employed or accepted for an advanced degree within six months of graduation.
- 98.1% of our graduates repay their loans—about 12% higher than the national average.
We understand that Financial Aid can be an important part of students' financial planning for education. Our staff strives to fulfill our mission and is available to help with your planning.
The Financial Aid Office at University of the Sciences is committed to the highest level of customer service and effective, efficient delivery of financial assistance from federal, state, private and institutional sources to USciences students. The office will promote financial literacy through quality outreach to the USciences’ diverse student body. We will maintain the integrity of our programs by providing timely, accurate financial assistance, in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and University standards.
By providing the opportunity for current and prospective students to access financial aid resources, the Office seeks to remove financial obstacles, and allow all students to focus on obtaining their University of the Sciences degree.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
To make your education more affordable, undergraduate and professional students may receive:
USciences Merit Awards
- First-time Freshman: Merit awards are provided to first-time freshman based on their academic achievement in high school and performance on standardized tests.
- Transfer Students: Merit awards are also available to transfer students.
- Graduate students may have different financial aid options. Read more about cost and financial support for graduate students.
- State grants
- Federal grants
- Federal loans
- Work study positions appointments
- University need-based grants
Applying for Financial Aid
- If you have applied for admission or are a continuing student, we encourage you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which must be completed in order for you to be considered for financial assistance.
- It is recommended that you complete the FAFSA online. Paper copies can be requested at 800-4-FED-AID. The priority date to submit the FAFSA is March 15th for the upcoming academic year.
Have questions about the process? It’s part of our mission to educate the future leaders in healthcare and science, so please ask our knowledgeable Financial Aid Office staff members.
USciences NewsView All
Magnifying the Power of Alumnae Donors with IMPACT 100
December 15, 2016
Harnessing the power of the collective, University of the Sciences has opened a chapter of IMPACT 100, a group of 100+ women collectively giving $100,000--together having a greater influence on the future of the University than they could have donating as individuals.
First-Year Research Opportunities Kept Passion Project Going for USciences Student
December 06, 2016
Megan O'Briant DPT'22 pivoted her high school research of prosthetics into a first-year research project on amputations.
Appeal for a Meal: USciences donates more than 280 Thanksgiving meals
November 22, 2016
Hundreds of students, faculty and staff filled more than 600 brown paper bags to the brim with food donations for the Fifth annual Appeal for a Meal program.
USciences Athletes Receives Academic Accolades
November 21, 2016
USciences 10 DII teams have earned an Academic Success Rate of 97 for the 2015-16 season.
Pharmacy Students Recognized at City Hall in Honor of American Pharmacists Month
October 28, 2016
Student representatives from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Student Society of Health System Pharmacy were honored by Philadelphia City Council on Thursday October, 27, 2016
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495