Council on Sustainability
The Council on Sustainability is an outgrowth of the President’s Commission. It is charged with enhancing sustainability practices throughout the campus community.
Sustainability: “Sustainability is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival
and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment.
Sustainability creates and maintains the conditions under which humans and nature
can exist in productive harmony, that permit fulfilling the social, economic and other
requirements of present and future generations.”
Stewardship: Stewardship is the responsibility of overseeing and protecting our community and the environment with minimal impact for present and future generations.
The mission of the Council is to integrate sustainability and stewardship into all aspects of campus life and the community.
- Promote sustainability in personal and institutional choices.
- Educate our campus and the community-at-large about environmental, social, and economic issues affecting sustainability.
- Foster a culture of sustainability and stewardship practices.
Members of the Council
- Dr. Julie Becker, Health Policy and Public Health, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Dr. Phyllis Blumberg, Teaching & Learning Center
- Dr. Heidi Freeman, Director of Exercise Science & Wellness Management, Kinesiology
- Dr. Justin Edward Everett, Writing Program, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Roseanna C. Baker, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bernadette Kelly, Dean’s Office, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
- John Masciantonio, Information Technology
- Donna Ryan, Academic Technology
- Dan Severino, Facilities Services
- Todd Young, Dining Services (Sodexo)
- Undergraduate Students: Brooke Witmer and Vivivan Chen
- Graduate Student: Amanda Michael
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
New USciences Ad Campaign Supports Tuition Reset
September 26, 2017
University of the Sciences has launched an exciting, new marketing campaign in support of its recently announced tuition reset.
USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
June 01, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
Watch USciences 196th Commencement
May 16, 2017
USciences celebrated the class of 2017 at its 196th commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, and bestowed an honorary doctor of science degree on world-renowned vaccine advocate Paul Offit, MD.
Women’s Basketball Season Ends in NCAA Tournament Second Round
March 11, 2017
The Devils, seeded No. 6 in the East were victorious in the first-round matchup against No. 3 Bentley University on Friday, March 10.
First-Year Research Opportunities Kept Passion Project Going for USciences Student
December 06, 2016
Megan O'Briant DPT'22 pivoted her high school research of prosthetics into a first-year research project on amputations.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495