Council on Sustainability
The Council on Sustainability is an outgrowth of the President’s Commission. It is charged with enhancing sustainability practices throughout the campus community.
Sustainability: “Sustainability is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival
and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment.
Sustainability creates and maintains the conditions under which humans and nature
can exist in productive harmony, that permit fulfilling the social, economic and other
requirements of present and future generations.”
Stewardship: Stewardship is the responsibility of overseeing and protecting our community and the environment with minimal impact for present and future generations.
The mission of the Council is to integrate sustainability and stewardship into all aspects of campus life and the community.
- Promote sustainability in personal and institutional choices.
- Educate our campus and the community-at-large about environmental, social, and economic issues affecting sustainability.
- Foster a culture of sustainability and stewardship practices.
Members of the Council
- Dr. Julie Becker, Health Policy and Public Health, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Dr. Phyllis Blumberg, Teaching & Learning Center
- Dr. Heidi Freeman, Director of Exercise Science & Wellness Management, Kinesiology
- Dr. Justin Edward Everett, Writing Program, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Roseanna C. Baker, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bernadette Kelly, Dean’s Office, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
- John Masciantonio, Information Technology
- Donna Ryan, Academic Technology
- Dan Severino, Facilities Services
- Todd Young, Dining Services (Sodexo)
- Undergraduate Students: Brooke Witmer and Vivivan Chen
- Graduate Student: Amanda Michael
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Magnifying the Power of Alumnae Donors with IMPACT 100
December 15, 2016
Harnessing the power of the collective, University of the Sciences has opened a chapter of IMPACT 100, a group of 100+ women collectively giving $100,000--together having a greater influence on the future of the University than they could have donating as individuals.
First-Year Research Opportunities Kept Passion Project Going for USciences Student
December 06, 2016
Megan O'Briant DPT'22 pivoted her high school research of prosthetics into a first-year research project on amputations.
Appeal for a Meal: USciences donates more than 280 Thanksgiving meals
November 22, 2016
Hundreds of students, faculty and staff filled more than 600 brown paper bags to the brim with food donations for the Fifth annual Appeal for a Meal program.
USciences Athletes Receives Academic Accolades
November 21, 2016
USciences 10 DII teams have earned an Academic Success Rate of 97 for the 2015-16 season.
Pharmacy Students Recognized at City Hall in Honor of American Pharmacists Month
October 28, 2016
Student representatives from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Student Society of Health System Pharmacy were honored by Philadelphia City Council on Thursday October, 27, 2016
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495