Council on Sustainability
The Council on Sustainability is an outgrowth of the President’s Commission. It is charged with enhancing sustainability practices throughout the campus community.
Sustainability: “Sustainability is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival
and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment.
Sustainability creates and maintains the conditions under which humans and nature
can exist in productive harmony, that permit fulfilling the social, economic and other
requirements of present and future generations.”
Stewardship: Stewardship is the responsibility of overseeing and protecting our community and the environment with minimal impact for present and future generations.
The mission of the Council is to integrate sustainability and stewardship into all aspects of campus life and the community.
- Promote sustainability in personal and institutional choices.
- Educate our campus and the community-at-large about environmental, social, and economic issues affecting sustainability.
- Foster a culture of sustainability and stewardship practices.
Members of the Council
- Dr. Julie Becker, Health Policy and Public Health, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Dr. Phyllis Blumberg, Teaching & Learning Center
- Dr. Heidi Freeman, Director of Exercise Science & Wellness Management, Kinesiology
- Dr. Justin Edward Everett, Writing Program, Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
- Roseanna C. Baker, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bernadette Kelly, Dean’s Office, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
- John Masciantonio, Information Technology
- Donna Ryan, Academic Technology
- Dan Severino, Facilities Services
- Todd Young, Dining Services (Sodexo)
- Undergraduate Students: Brooke Witmer and Vivivan Chen
- Graduate Student: Amanda Michael
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
March 15, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
Women’s Basketball Season Ends in NCAA Tournament Second Round
March 11, 2017
The Devils, seeded No. 6 in the East were victorious in the first-round matchup against No. 3 Bentley University on Friday, March 10.
At USciences Eleonora Gianti PhD'13 Gained the Tools to Tackle Professional Research
February 03, 2017
Eleonora Gianti PhD'13 was given the opportunity to tackle professional and research challenges as a student in the Biochemistry Graduate Program at USciences.
First-Year Research Opportunities Kept Passion Project Going for USciences Student
December 06, 2016
Megan O'Briant DPT'22 pivoted her high school research of prosthetics into a first-year research project on amputations.
Appeal for a Meal: USciences donates more than 280 Thanksgiving meals
November 22, 2016
Hundreds of students, faculty and staff filled more than 600 brown paper bags to the brim with food donations for the Fifth annual Appeal for a Meal program.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495