In This Section
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Equal Opportunity
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- Information For:
- Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Federal COVID-19 Relief Funding
- GI Bill / Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Tuition Waivers for Eligible Foster Care Youth
- Retaining Your Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Office
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness. Assessment and Accreditation
- Marketing and Communications
- Print Center
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Student Records
- Course Scheduling
- Academic Calendars
- Transcripts and Enrollment/Degree Verification
- FERPA Information
- University Academic Catalog
- For Current Students
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
Your University ID Card is not only an identification card, but it’s also an access card to certain campus buildings and a debit card at participating campus locations. You can add funds to your account, check your balance and review your transactions online.
How Your ID Card Works
Once your OneCard account is activated and you have deposited money into your account you can draw on these funds by presenting your ID Card at participating campus locations. This is an on-line system. There is no actual value on the card. All the transactions are maintained in the host computer. If you lose your card all of your present account value is transferred to your new ID card.
Lost cards are replaced at the Office of Public Safety in Wilson Hall, Room 130.
The large magnetic strip on the back of your card contains your meal plan and OneCard Account identification number. This allows you to access your meal plan and your OneCard Account.
- Keep your card with you at all times-don't lend it to anyone else.
- DO NOT punch holes, affix stickers, or in any other way make modifications to your ID card. Such practices may create problems when trying to use your card for Official University business and card swipe functions!
- Don't lay the card down on any magnetic surface.
- Problems with your card, meal plans, debit stripe, or OneCard Account may be addressed at the Office of Public Safety- Wilson Hall, Room 130 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ID Card Features
- Library checkout (JW England Library)
- Meal Plans
- Access to buildings
- Printing pages
Accepted for Payment at the Following Campus Locations
- University Dining Locations: Coffee Lab, Starbucks and Wilson Express
- Copiers (JW England Library and Mayes College)
- Laundry (Goodman Hall, Osol Hall, Wilson Student Center)
- Athletic Recreation Center
- University Mailroom
- University Copy Center
- Academic Departments: Biology, Chemistry, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy
- Student Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Snack and beverage vending machines
- Residence halls exterior doors
- Various Campus Buildings
Add funds to your card
- Online https://onecard.usciences.edu/oneweb/
- Call 215-596-8946
- Automatic Deposit Machine in the Wilson Student Center across from the front desk
- By Mail:
Office of Public Safety
University of the Sciences
600 S 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Please Include: Name of student/employee, Student/employee ID number, Amount of Deposit
- In Person: Office of Public Safety – Wilson Hall, Room 130
- Methods of Payments: Cash (Wilson Student Center kiosk machine); Check (Made payable to University of the Sciences); Credit Card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express); ECheck; Debit Card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Cash withdrawals from the OneCard account are not permitted.
- Refunds of unspent funds are provided upon graduation, withdrawal or dismissal from the university.
- Students/employees must request a refund in writing or in person.
- We would recommend that there be no money left on the account to avoid any processing fees.
- Account closure requests will be processed within six weeks.
- Proceeds from closed accounts will be transferred by the Office of Public Safety to the students’ tuition accounts and will be subject to other debts owed to the university by the cardholder. If there are no open debts, refunds will issued like any other Student Accounts refund, either by direct deposit or mailed check, depending on the student’s designated preference.
Funds remaining on the OneCard Account are carried forward on a semester basis as long as the student is enrolled.
Getting Your ID Card
For Students, Fall 2021
Refer to this Quick Reference Guide for uploading your photo to your profile in Workday.
Please review the following guidelines before you submit your photo.
- Photo must be a jpg file.
- A color photo
- Taken recently, preferably within 6 weeks of submission
- Must be a selfie containing your face and your shoulders squared to the camera, no profiles
- Filters are not permitted
- Limit the expression on your face, no smiling, frowning, laughing, etc.
- You are to be positioned directly in front of the camera standing up. Do not submit images of you lying down or lounging. Body must be positioned vertically not horizontally.
- No inappropriate possess or gestures into the camera
- Faces shall not be covered
- Hats shall not be worn (only religious garments permitted, face must be visible)
- Sunglasses are not permitted. If you wear transitional prescription lenses please step inside or remove them before taking the photo.
- Make sure the image in not extremely bright or dimly lit.
- Use a neutral background such as a plain wall
- Please do not take a photo of a photo
- The image should only contain you
The ID can be picked up at Public Safety ID, Parking, Devils Dollars office located behind Wilson student center near the parking lot. Walk up the handicap ramp and open the door.
For questions call Terry Reilly at 215-596-8946.The image will be reviewed by Department of Public Safety. If no issues are discovered the ID will be made. Any discrepancies will cause a delay in the process and those students will be contacted by DPS to resubmit.
Employees must be entered into the Human Resources database before a university ID card is issued. New employees need to bring a photo ID such as a driver's license, state photo ID or passport. There is no charge for the first ID Card.
Replace Your ID Card
Permanent replacement ID Cards are available only from the Office of Public Safety. You will need to show a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or state photo ID card) and be a currently enrolled student.
Replacement Fees Are
- $10.00 - First replacement
- $25.00 - Any subsequent replacements
- No charge - new card needed due to a name change
Notice of lost or stolen cards or unauthorized card use should be reported immediately online at https://onecard.usciences.edu/oneweb/ or to the Office of Public Safety - Wilson Hall, Room 130 (215)596-8946 Monday through Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Summer hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM). After business hours contact Campus Security in Alumni Hall 215-896-1117.
Visitor Cards for Payment Services at Campus Locations
The OneCard Visitor Card allows visitors to the University access to the same payment services at Campus Locations that accept payment from students, faculty, and staff ID Cards during their stay on-campus.
Visitors can purchase a OneCard Visitor Card from the Kiosk in the Wilson Student Center across from the front desk. Visitor Cards cost $5.00 and come pre-loaded with $5.00 in the OneCard account. Cardholders can add additional money to their Visitor Card from the Kiosk.
You are responsible for all transactions made and services obtained through your Visitor Card from the date of sale. The University of the Sciences will not be held responsible for any activity from lost or stolen Visitor Cards.
Access Coordinator, Public Safety
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495