In This Section
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- Information For:
- Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Applying for Financial Aid
- CARES Act Emergency Relief Fund
- GI Bill / Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Tuition Waivers for Eligible Foster Care Youth
- Retaining Your Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Office
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness. Assessment and Accreditation
- Marketing and Communications
- Print Center
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Student Records
- Course Scheduling
- Academic Calendars
- Transcripts and Enrollment/Degree Verification
- FERPA Information
- University Academic Catalog
- For Current Students
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
Community and Government Affairs
Community and Government Affairs builds strategic relationships, promotes ongoing engagement between the University and its surrounding community, and seeks new opportunities to further the University’s research, academic, and service goals.
The office is a proactive contributor to University initiatives and serves as the liaison between the University and elected officials, government agencies, civic and community organizations, and other external partners.
The goals of government affairs and community affairs are closely linked and synergistic. In government affairs, the focus is on the development and strengthening of relationships with elected officials and government agencies at the local, state, and federal level. Advocacy for positions of vital interest to the University, development of strategic alliances, analysis of relevant legislation, and identification of potential government funding sources are prime examples of government affairs initiatives.
The importance of cultivating strong, positive relationships is also a hallmark of community affairs at USciences. Promotion of the University’s community engagement efforts, identification of opportunities to enhance the physical and economic landscape of the surrounding neighborhood, exploration of potential K-12 academic partnerships, and identification of funding sources to support engagement activities are just a few examples of community affairs initiatives.
USciences Opportunity Scholarship
USciences is opening the door to rewarding careers in science and healthcare for students living near our campus. Our Opportunity Scholarship makes tuition one less hurdle on the road to success for eligible Philadelphia high school students who otherwise might find a university degree to be unaffordable
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Honors Past Community Landmark with Rebirth of Mural
November 11, 2020
The Alexander Wilson Elementary School had been a landmark in its West Philadelphia community for decades. USciences acquired the space at 46th and Woodland Avenue, and the University wanted to honor the elementary school's legacy.
- USciences Students, Snider Hockey Alumnae Discuss STEM Education
September 09, 2020
USciences’ Center for Undergraduate Research and Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the Franklin Institute and The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation have been holding a series of virtual STEM talks and activities that are part of “Sparking STEM Explorations and Connections.”
- USciences Class Tackles Power, Democracy, and Oppression in the U.S.
August 13, 2020
Power Democracy and Oppression (MD 213) is offered to provide students a space to learn about the experiences of diverse populations so that they might become global citizens.
- Alumnus Sees COVID-19 Through A Student Lens Donor Spotlight: Dwight Bowen, PharmD'11
July 20, 2020
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dwight Bowen PharmD'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help USciences students in need through the Student Emergency Fund.
- USciences LLC Receives Green Globe Honorable Mention
June 04, 2020
The USciences Living and Learning Commons (LLC) received an honorable mention for Green Building Initiative's (GBI) 2019 Green Globe Project of the Year Award.
Vice President for Government and Community Affairs
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495