In This Section
Affiliation Agreement with Thomas Edison State University
Nursing students have an opportunity to make a direct entry and seamless transition to an accelerated second degree of bachelor’s of science in nursing (BSN) through an agreement with the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing at Thomas Edison State University.
The W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing offers a high-quality nursing program that promotes leadership and provides a foundation for lifelong learning. Its accredited programs offer nontraditional paths for self-directed adult learners.
The program is open to at least five USciences students each year who meet the requirements.
Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program
If you’ve completed a bachelor’s degree and have your sights on a nursing career, you can earn your BSN in 12 months through this intensive, full-time program. It’s flexible and self-paced preparation for the national Council Licensure Exam for RNs (NCLEX-RN). Students in this rigorous program are not permitted to take on outside employment.
Before the end of your third year at USciences, contact the pre-health professions advisor. Applications are accepted during your senior year. Students who meet the following requirements are guaranteed an interview:
- Coursework in ethics, preferably Bioethics (3 credits)
- No course grade lower than a B
- Prerequisites must be completed within 5 years of enrollment
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses or their equivalencies:
- CH 101 General Chemistry I (3 credits)
- SO 101 Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- PS 101 Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- BS 219 Basic Nutrition (3 credits)
- BS 243 Microbiology (4 credits)
- BS 310, 311 Anatomy and Physiology I & II (6 credits)
- BS 207, 208 Human Structure and Function I & II Laboratory (2 credits)
- PS 200 Psychology of Human Development (3 credits)
- ST 310 Biostatistics (3 credits)
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495