In This Section
Partnership Program with Salus University, Physician Assistant Studies Program
Through a special articulation agreement with Salus University, College of Health Sciences, USciences students can progress to a graduate physician assistant studies program—putting you on the fast track to career success.
As a student in the 4+2 program, you’ll successfully complete Phase 1 at USciences—consisting of a minimum 120 semester credit pre-physician assistant curriculum and other requirements. Phase 2 is comprised of the Salus University Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MMS) degree program.
Three seats are reserved each year for USciences students who successfully complete phase 1 of the program and the phase 2 application process.
Phase 1 Requirements
- Successfully complete the minimum 120 credit pre-physician assistant curriculum at USciences
- No grade lower than a C in prerequisite courses
- GPA ≥ 3.70
- Completed application to CASPA including GRE scores and required letters of evaluation
- Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical Writing GRE Scores ≥ 60th percentile. Score results should not be more than 3 years old
- Minimum 300 hours of direct patient care experience (volunteer or paid)
- Shadow a physician assistant for ≥ 20 hours. Shadowing PAs in various medical disciplines is recommended
- Successful interview at Salus
Admission to Phase 2
Students who successfully complete Phase 1 as described above, will apply to the PA program at Salus no later than August 1st of the intended entering year. Consult the Salus University website for application procedures, including an on-campus interview.
Deborah Summers, MS, PA-C
IPEX, Room 217
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495