In This Section
Agreement with Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Do you dream of connecting bench and bedside as a physician-scientist conducting original, high-quality research from a clinical practitioner perspective? If so, our Joint DO/PhD Program agreement created with the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) is right for you.
You'll benefit from:
- A $20,000 stipend per year during your three research years
- Full tuition waiver for your final two clinical years of the program
- Research supply fund of $10,000 per year, as well as professional travel and association funds
- Advising and access to leading research at PCOM or USciences
The 2/3/2 model consists of two years of osteopathic medical curriculum, three years of PhD courses, research, and clinical skills enhancement—culminating in a research project and dissertation defense—and two years of a DO clinical clerkship curriculum.
Students are accepted into the program as part of their original application to medical school. PCOM awards the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree, and USciences awards the PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Maintaining grade requirements, including GPA at or above class mean
- Completion of lab rotations and dissertation steps such as selection of advisor and approval of proposal
- Passing grade on the COMLEX Step One test
For more information, contact the Graduate Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-996-8747.
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495