In This Section
WebAdvisor Reference Guide for Students
Note: In order to register for your courses you must:
- Create an educational plan
- Submit your educational plan to your advisor
- Receive advisor approval through WebAdvisor
Once you've completed these steps, you will be ready to register online by going to the WebAdvisor site.
Also available: WebAdvisor How-to-Video
- Logging in to WebAdvisor
- Check your academic progress - Program Evaluation/Degree Audit
- Search for course offerings - Search for Sections
- Search for courses for advisor approval - Create an Educational Plan and Submit courses for advisor approval - Email my Advisor(s)
- Register for approved courses
- Drop a class
- Add a class
- Questions or concerns
First time users: On the WebAdvisor main menu, Click login.
Your initial login and password will consist of your first initial and last name, with no spaces (same as your email address without the @usp.edu). Your password will consist of your six-digit birth date (e.g., January 1, 1980 = 010180)
Once you are logged in for the first time, you will be required to select a new password.
Returning users: Login with your User ID and the password you selected previously.
User ID and Password Help
If you experience difficulty with your WebAdvisor User ID, Password or technical difficulties, please contact our IT department at email@example.com or by phone at 215-596-7575.
You can review a list of the requirements for your degree program and those that you’ve met or completed.
- In the “Student” menu, select “Program Evaluation” under Academic Planning
- Check your active program
- At the “What work do you want to include?”, select All. This will factor in all courses you’ve completed as well as any courses you’re currently enrolled in and any classes you may have planned in future semesters.
- Click Submit
- A page will display your degree audit.
- Click OK.
This section will provide you with a list of courses that are available in the upcoming semester(s).
- In the "Student" menu, Click “Search for Sections” under Registration
- From the drop-down menu, select a term to search (for Summer 2008, Fall 2008)
- In the Subject field, select your major
Note: If you wish to view courses in more than one subject area, you may re-run this process selecting that subject area, or leave the subject field blank and view all graduate course offerings.
- In the Academic level field at the bottom of the page (not course level), select UG
- Click Submit
- You may now either print the list of courses being offered, or make a note of the courses you wish to register for.
- When you have a record of the courses you wish to register for, click OK.
This section provides you with a list of all of the courses in the subject area; it does include courses that may not be offered in the upcoming semester(s). From this list, you will select the courses you plan to register for and the semester you plan to enroll. When selecting your courses, please refer to the list of courses you printed from the “Search for Sections” process above.
- In the “Student” menu, Click Plan Courses under Academic Planning
- Click View Worksheet
- Confirm that your program and catalog year is correct. Click Submit.
- Click Catalog Search and Add in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your search criteria (see below) and submit.
- Search for courses in a specific subject/major, in the Subject field, select your major from the drop-down menu. At the bottom of the page, select Undergraduate in the Academic level field (not the course level field).
- Search through all undergraduate courses by entering Undergraduate in the Academic Level field (not the course level field).
- Select the course you wish to take as well as the term in which you plan to take it.
- Once you’ve selected all of your courses and terms, click submit.
- The course(s) you’ve selected will now appear on your worksheet. Please note that “Student” will appear in the ‘Added by’ column [Note: once your advisor has approved your course selection(s), this notation will read “Student (advisor approved)”.] Click OK. You will now need to meet with your advisor for approval.
- You will now need to submit this plan to your advisor. On the top right of the page, click on the email my advisor link.
- Select the advisor(s) you wish to contact for course approval.
- Type in the subject line of the email. One suggested subject line would read “My course selections are ready for your review”
- Type in any additional message you’d like to submit to your advisor. You MUST enter a message or your email will not be sent.
- Click submit (It may take several seconds for the processing to end).
- Review the e-mail sent confirmation.
- Courses will then be recorded for advisor approval.
- Click OK as many times as necessary to move to next step.
Important Note: You must meet with your advisor for course approval after you have completed your Ed Plan.
Once you’ve received advisor approval, you may register online:
- In the “Student” menu, Click “Plan Courses” under Academic Planning
- Click “Register” from the list of links on the left side of the page
- Confirm your program and Submit
- Select courses to be registered by entering a ‘check’ in the “Find Sections” column and Submit
- When your course selections appear on the next screen, Submit.
- On the next screen, “Register and Drop Sections”, Select Register from the drop down menu Action for ALL Pref. Sections (or choose below)
- Review the status column for confirmation
- Any error messages should be displayed in red. Only courses for which you have received advisor approval will be registered.
- In the "Student" menu, Click on “Register and Drop Sections” under Registration
- Check the course to Drop
- Click Submit
- Review the Registration Results for confirmation
- Click OK
If you need to add a class to your registration, follow the steps above “Register for Approved Courses – Register for Sections”. You must have advisor approval in order to add a course.
Please contact your advisor if you have any question regarding your schedule.
University of the Sciences
600 S. 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495