Medical Cannabis 4-Hour Certification Live Course - Philadelphia
Medical Cannabis: Clinical Considerations and Dispensing in PA (4 hours, 0.4 CEU)
Thursday, July 19, 2018
University of the Sciences
McNeil Science and Technology Center
45th Street at Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, Pa. 19104
Map, directions and parking information
Course: 8:30-12:45 PM (include 15 minute break)
Optional post-conference lunch and learn: 1-1:45 PM. Discussion with PA licensed dispensary professionals.
Christine Roussel, PharmD, BCOP, Asst Director of Pharmacy, Doylestown Hospital, PA
- Joseph Morgan, MD, AACM, Senior Medical Director at Onconova Therapeutics, Newtown, PA
- David Johnson, PharmD, BCPS, Dept. of Pharmacy, Penn Medicine
Certification Course Description
The purpose of this program is to educate physicians, physicians, pharmacists, certified registered nurse practitioners or physician assistants seeking to register with the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Medical Marijuana Program. All health professionals interested in learning more about medical cannabis are also encouraged to take this course.
- Explain the status of cannabis as a controlled substance under U.S. federal law and the provisions of Pennsylvania's Medical Marijuana Act of 2016 relevant to the responsibilities of the practitioner or medical professional.
- Describe key features of the endocannabinoid system and cannabis pharmacology, and non-phytocannabinoid constitutes of cannabis.
- Discuss best practices in patient evaluation, medical marijuana product choice, dosage and therapeutic monitoring based on the patient’s serious medical condition; including recognition of potential drug interactions, side effects, potential addiction.
- Evaluate possible concurrent opioid use, risk management needs, and palliative care considerations for pain management.
Pharmacists: ACPE Credits for this knowledge based program will be awarded and submitted for all pharmacist attendees who register & attest to their active attendance through the webcast platform, complete the evaluation form, successfully complete the post-test, and submit their NABP ePID and DOB verifier (MMDD). 100% attendance is required.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and allied health professionals: You will receive a statement from AZO confirming the completion of four hours of continuing education, along with the Certificate of Completion from University of the Sciences for completing the Pennsylvania DOH-approved training course.
Alpha Zeta Omega National Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Philadelphia Alumni Chapter is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Certification Course Cost
Course registration for medical professionals requiring the DOH-approved Certificate of Completion is $225-$275. Allied health professionals, students, or individuals not requiring continuing education hours and the DOH certificate can attend for $75. Discounts are sometimes available to participants of sponsoring health systems or medical societies.
REFUND POLICY: No refunds. You may transfer your registration to an alternate participant, with advance notice, or apply the fee amount towards a future certification course, if available.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you have any special needs or accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gail Groves Scott, MPH
Manager, Substance Use Disorders Institute
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495