In This Section
Medical Cannabis 4-hour Certification Course, Webinar
Medical Cannabis: Clinical Considerations and Dispensing in PA (4 continuing education hours)
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Live Online Webinar
Course: 5:15 pm–9:30 pm
- Christine Roussel, PharmD, BCOP, Director of Pharmacy, Doylestown Hospital, PA
- Adam C. Lake, MD, FAAFP, AAHIVS, FACMQ, Penn LGHealth in Lancaster, PA
- Maria Foy, PharmD, BCPS, CPE, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Abington Hospital, Jefferson Health
More information about faculty and disclosures.
Certification Course Description
Medical Cannabis: Clinical Considerations and Dispensing in PA (4 hours)
The purpose of this program is to educate physicians, physicians, pharmacists, certified registered nurse practitioners or physician assistants seeking to register with the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Medical Marijuana Program. All health professionals interested in learning more about medical cannabis are also encouraged to take this course.
- Explain the status of cannabis as a controlled substance in the US under federal law as well as the state to state variability in medical cannabis laws
- Identify cannabinoid receptors and the non-phytocannabinoid constitutes of cannabis
- Describe key features of the endocannabinoid system and cannabis pharmacology
- Discuss best practices in patient evaluation, medical marijuana product choice and dosage, and therapeutic monitoring
- Explain how possible concurrent opioid use, risk management, and palliative care considerations impact patient pain management clinical care
- Recognize potential drug interactions, side effects, and the potential for addiction from medical cannabis use
Pharmacists: ACPE Credits for this knowledge based program will be awarded and submitted for all pharmacist attendees who register & attest to their active attendance through the webcast platform, complete the evaluation form, successfully complete the post-test, and submit their NABP ePID and DOB verifier (MMDD). 100% attendance is required.
Alpha Zeta Omega National Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Philadelphia Alumni Chapter is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Learners must complete an evaluation form to receive a certificate of completion. You must participate in the entire activity as partial credit is not available. If you are seeking continuing education credit for a specialty not listed, it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board to determine course eligibility for your licensing/certification requirement.
Acknowledgment of Financial or In-Kind Commercial Support
No financial or in-kind commercial support was received for this educational activity.
No refunds. You may transfer your registration to an alternate participant, with advance notice, or apply the fee amount towards a future certification course, if available.
For special needs or accommodations, including for the optional box lunch (gluten free, allergies, etc.) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew M. Peterson, PharmD, PhD, FCPP
Executive Director, Substance Use Disorders Institute
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495