In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Affirmative Action
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Copy Center
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Welcome Receptions for Dr. Paul Katz
Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
University of the Sciences is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
As an institution devoted to healthcare and science, USciences is committed to providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment. With this policy in place, the University joins a growing list of other colleges and universities who have made a commitment to banning smoke and/or tobacco products on campus.
The USciences campus-wide, smoke and tobacco-free policy prohibits the use of all tobacco products on all campus property, in owned or leased and operated buildings, recreation areas, and outdoors. It extends to all faculty members, staff, students, visitors, contractors, and other persons on campus, regardless of the purpose of their visit.
The policy is in support of Philadelphia law 050063-A and comes on the heels of the City’s announcement on April 29, 2014, banning smoking in public parks.
USciences public safety officers will be informing those who may not be aware of the policy by handing out small pocket cards as a notification.
For those individuals who do smoke but no longer on campus, we expect that you will dispose of your cigarette/cigar butts in a responsible way that respects others as well as the environment. We encourage those who do smoke to learn about the smoking cessation programs and support that are available.
Having a smoke and tobacco-free campus is best for the health, wellness, and environmental sustainability of USciences and its community.
Read the full Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495