In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Affirmative Action
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Copy Center
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus. Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go.
10:00am - 3:00pm
At University of the Sciences, Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service is a day on, not a day off. The MLK Day of...
1:30pm - 3:00pm
Founders' Day at USciences recalls the University's establishment on February 23, 1821, with a special ceremony that...
The 2019 Race for Humanity 5K run/walk will benefit Camp Can Do, a camp for children ages 8 to 17 who have been diagnosed...
USciences NewsView All
Hundreds of Donors Support USciences Giving Tuesday
November 29, 2018
This year's Giving Tuesday campaign brought together more than 600 USciences students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends to help raise more money than ever in support of student activities, research, and more.
Occupational Therapy Student Strengthens Research Skills to Improve Patient Care
October 30, 2018
Hellerstein has already seen how research can impact the field. She completed an independent study that assessed how LGBTQ health issues are addressed in occupational therapy education.
Travelogue: Honors Students Explore Icelandic Culture
June 14, 2018
Sixteen USciences Honors students traveled to Iceland in May for an educational and cultural experience they will not soon forget.
Former St. Jude CEO Dr. William Evans to Receive Honorary Degree at 2018 Commencement Ceremony
May 09, 2018
USciences will celebrate the class of 2018 at its 197th Commencement Ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, and bestow an honorary doctor of science degree on William E. Evans, PharmD, endowed chair and former CEO of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
New Exercise Physiology Degree At USciences Offers More Career Paths
November 27, 2017
With a stronger focus on clinical training and internship experiences, the new BS in exercise physiology degree at USciences positions students to immediately begin their careers after graduation or transition to OT or PT professional programs.
At a Glance
President: Paul Katz, MD
Students: 2,302 (1,248 undergraduate, 1,054 graduate)
On-campus residents: 494
BS programs: 19
Masters programs: 15 (includes MBA, MOT, MS)
PhD programs: 11 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Professional programs: 3 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Certificate programs: 8
Full-time faculty: 202
Student/faculty ratio: 9:1
Campus organizations: 60
Computer labs: 25
Sororities and fraternities: 13
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 36-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.