In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Print Center
- Provost Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- Professional Licensure Disclosures
- Middle States Self Study
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus.
Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go. A USciences education is offered both on-campus and online.
6:00pm - 6:30pmRegister here
Thinking about transferring to a new institution? These are challenging times and we’re sure you have a lot of...
We know that making your college decision is challenging, but we’re here to help. Join members of our Admission...
6:00pm - 7:30pmRegister here
For students interested in masters, PhD, MBA and certificate graduate programs. Discover how the graduate programs...
1:45pm - 2:45pmRegister here
Join us as we celebrate the 201st Founders’ Day with a ceremony featuring keynote speaker Sheri Fink, MD, PhD,...
Congratulations on your acceptance! For 200 years, University of the Sciences has educated the healthcare and science...
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Hosts Annual MLK Day of Service Virtual Events
January 18, 2022
This year, the USciences Annual MLK Day of Service featured three virtual events to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author to be Honored at USciences Founders' Day
January 13, 2022
At its annual Founders' Day celebration on February 17, 2022, USciences will honor Sheri Fink MD, PhD, who will also give the keynote address.
- Student Org Spotlight: Sigma Psi Zeta
January 10, 2022
Sigma Psi Zeta is a national sorority and one of eleven Greek Life organizations at USciences.
- Pharmacy Student Awarded for Substance Use Disorders Public Health Work
December 21, 2021
Jasmeen Kaur's PharmD'22 work in public health has focused on harm reduction in patients with substance use disorders.
At a Glance
Interim President: Valerie P. Weil, MD
Students: 2,285 (1,372 undergraduate, 913 graduate)
Diversity: >56% non-white
On-campus residents: 438
BS programs: 22
Masters programs: 14 (includes MS, MOT, MBA)
Doctoral programs: 10 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Post-baccalaureate certificate programs: 12
Full-time faculty: 179
Student/faculty ratio: 11:1
Laboratories and computer labs: more than 100
Clubs and Campus Orgs: 60+
Sororities and fraternities: 11
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 24-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.