In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Print Center
- Provost Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- Professional Licensure Disclosures
- Middle States Self Study
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus.
Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go. A USciences education is offered both on-campus and online.
Aug 5Register here
Healthcare and science professionals are needed now more than ever. And the best way to envision your proven future...
6:00pm - 8:00pmRegister here
Now more than ever, the world needs leaders in healthcare and science. In a quickly evolving world, discover how...
10:00am - 10:30amRegister here
Congratulations on transferring to USciences this fall! To help you get ready for the start of the semester, USciences...
5:00pm - 7:00pmRegister here
We’re excited for you to take the next step in your education at USciences! To familiarize yourself with USciences...
5:15pm - 9:30pmRegister here
USciences Substance Use Disorders Institute is proud to offer its Medical Cannabis 4-Hour Certification Course on...
USciences NewsView All
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- Phi Lambda Sigma Celebrates New 2021 Inductees
June 29, 2021
30 new members were inducted to USciences and Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's chapter of Phi Lambda Sigma, the pharmacy leadership honor society.
- USciences Hosts Incoming Students for Welcome Days
June 29, 2021
From June 22-24, students and their families joined student orientation leaders and admissions staff on campus for tours, games, and a chance to meet their fellow new classmates.
- PCP Students Engage Classmates, Faculty in Diversity Discussions
June 22, 2021
In an effort to encourage their classmates to speak more openly about diversity, equity and inclusion opportunities at USciences, Jordan Davidson PhB'22 and Luzdary (Lucy) Illesca PhB'22, students in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Program at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, organized a series of events.
- USciences President Paul Katz Announces Retirement
June 21, 2021
University of the Sciences President Paul Katz, MD, has announced he will retire. Dr. Katz began his tenure as the historic University's 25th president in 2016 and has made countless contributions to the USciences family.
At a Glance
Interim President: Valerie P. Weil, MD
Students: 2,285 (1,372 undergraduate, 913 graduate)
Diversity: >56% non-white
On-campus residents: 438
BS programs: 22
Masters programs: 14 (includes MS, MOT, MBA)
Doctoral programs: 10 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Post-baccalaureate certificate programs: 12
Full-time faculty: 179
Student/faculty ratio: 11:1
Laboratories and computer labs: more than 100
Clubs and Campus Orgs: 60+
Sororities and fraternities: 11
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 24-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.