In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Print Center
- Provost Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- Middle States Self Study
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus.
Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go. A USciences education is offered both on-campus and online.
6:00pm - 6:30pmRegister here
Hear from current USciences transfer students about their transfer experience. Get your questions answered about...
12:00pm - 1:00pmRegister here
USciences has partnerships with several community colleges which allow students who complete their associate’s...
10:00am - 3:00pmRegister here
Learn how our undergraduate students are prepared for in-demand careers with our focused healthcare and science majors,...
Accepted students are invited to join the USciences Admissions team to learn the value of an USciences education...
Do you have questions about what it is like to be a USciences Student during COVID-19? This is your chance to ask...
USciences NewsView All
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Physician, Astronaut Bernard Harris to Address Graduates at Bicentennial Commencement
February 22, 2021
Bernard A. Harris, Jr., MD, a physician and astronaut, has been selected to address the Class of 2021 at the 200th Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier to be Honored at Founders' Day
February 16, 2021
Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Merck & Co., has been selected as the Bicentennial Founders’ Day keynote speaker.
- Student H1N1 Lessons Learned Continues to Impact Additional Public Health Efforts
February 15, 2021
Alumnus Michael Dejos PharmD'13 shares his experience at USciences during the H1N1 pandemic, and how it has helped him during COVID-19.
At a Glance
President: Paul Katz, MD
Students: 2,231 (1,231 undergraduate, 1,000 graduate)
On-campus residents: 451
BS programs: 19
Masters programs: 15 (includes MBA, MOT, MS)
Doctoral programs: 11 (includes PhD, PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Certificate programs: 8
Full-time faculty: 202
Student/faculty ratio: 9:1
Laboratories: more than 100
Campus organizations: 60
Computer labs: 25
Sororities and fraternities: 11
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 24-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.