In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Print Center
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- Middle States Self Study
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus.
Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go. A USciences education is offered both on-campus and online.
5:15pm - 9:30pmRegister here
USciences Substance Use Disorders Institute is proud to offer its Medical Cannabis 4-Hour Certification Course via...
1:00pm - 2:15pmRegister here
Please join us for our Virtual Discover Series, an educational event hosted by USciences specially designed for high...
10:30am - 1:00pmRegister here
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is hosting a special virtual event designed for accepted chemistry,...
10:00am - 3:00pmRegister here
Learn how our undergraduate students are prepared for in-demand careers with our focused healthcare and science majors,...
9:00am - 10:00amRegister here
We will be hosting a series of virtual activities honoring the bicentennial anniversary of the founding of University...
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Holds Virtual MLK Day of Service
January 21, 2021
While this year's event was not able to include the usual in-person acts of service that have happened in years past, the day was still filled with a series of virtual service and learning sessions.
- USciences Alumni, Students Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
January 15, 2021
USciences alumni, students working on the front lines in healthcare institutions were among some of the first to be vaccinated for COVID-19. For many, the vaccine is a sign of hope for the future and a symbol of the importance of science and healthcare.
- Connelly Foundation Grant Funds Partnership Between USciences and St. Francis de Sales
January 14, 2021
USciences has received a $25,000 grant from the Connelly Foundation to support a new partnership aimed at engaging local catholic school students in science.
- Professor Receives WW Smith Charitable Fund Award for the Second Time
January 12, 2021
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry Zhihong Wang, PhD, has been awarded over $122,000 from the WW Smith Charitable Trust to fund her project entitled "Development of Novel Allosteric Inhibitors Targeting the MAPK Signaling Pathway in Lung Cancer".
- Board of Trustees Appoints New Roth Chair
January 12, 2021
University of the Sciences' Board of Trustees unanimously appointed Associate Professor of biology Bela Peethambaran, PhD, as the Abraham and Edythe Roth Chair in Pharmacognosy/Natural Products.
At a Glance
President: Paul Katz, MD
Students: 2,231 (1,231 undergraduate, 1,000 graduate)
On-campus residents: 451
BS programs: 19
Masters programs: 15 (includes MBA, MOT, MS)
Doctoral programs: 11 (includes PhD, PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Certificate programs: 8
Full-time faculty: 202
Student/faculty ratio: 9:1
Laboratories: more than 100
Campus organizations: 60
Computer labs: 25
Sororities and fraternities: 11
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 24-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.