In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Affirmative Action
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Copy Center
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- Middle States Self Study
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus. Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go.
5:00pm - 7:30pm
New graduate students, please join us on campus on Tuesday, August 25 for our New Graduate Student Meet & Greet....
5:00pm - 8:00pm
Join USciences’ Department of Physical Therapy for the 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Lecutre, this...
Show your support for the students of University of the Sciences! Help us ensure that they are well prepared here,...
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Class Tackles Power, Democracy, and Oppression in the U.S.
August 13, 2020
Power Democracy and Oppression (MD 213) is offered to provide students a space to learn about the experiences of diverse populations so that they might become global citizens.
- USciences Online Launches Medical Cannabis Certificate Programs
August 12, 2020
As the medical cannabis industry continues to grow, USciences has launched three new certificate programs to help those interested in entering the industry. The programs include an undergraduate certificate in Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales and graduate certificates in The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry and Medical Cannabis for Health Professionals.
- USciences Announces New Leadership, New Members to the Board of Trustees
August 11, 2020
University of the Sciences' Board of Trustees has elected new leadership and added two new members for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Physics Professor Paul Halpern Releases New Book
August 04, 2020
Paul Halpern, PhD, Professor of Physics at USciences, has released his new book Synchronicity: The Epic Quest to Understand the Quantum Nature of Cause and Effect published by Basic Books.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
At a Glance
President: Paul Katz, MD
Students: 2,231 (1,231 undergraduate, 1,000 graduate)
On-campus residents: 451
BS programs: 19
Masters programs: 15 (includes MBA, MOT, MS)
Doctoral programs: 11 (includes PhD, PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Certificate programs: 8
Full-time faculty: 202
Student/faculty ratio: 9:1
Laboratories: more than 100
Campus organizations: 60
Computer labs: 25
Sororities and fraternities: 11
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 24-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.