In This Section
- Administrative Offices A to Z
- Affirmative Action
- Alumni Relations
- Community and Government Affairs
- Copy Center
- Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
- Facilities Services
- Finance and Administration
- Financial Aid
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Identification Cards
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment and Accreditation
- Mail Room
- Marketing and Communications
- President’s Office
- Public Safety
- Risk Management
- Student Accounts and Cashier
- Student Accommodations
- Technology Services
- Accreditation and State Authorization
- HEOA Student Consumer Information
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus
- Our Campus
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- Visit Us
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus. Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go.
The 2019 Race for Humanity 5K run/walk will benefit Camp Can Do, a camp for children ages 8 to 17 who have been diagnosed...
2:00pm - 4:00pm
Join us for the awarding of bachelor's degrees for DrOT, DPT, and PharmD USciences students. You can find out more...
1:00pm - 4:00pm
2019 Graduation and Commencement Ceremony. To learn more about our 2019 Commencement event you can visit our webpage...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
The Comeback Pharmacy: Alumnus Mayank Amin PharmD'09 Works To Revive Community Pharmacy
February 08, 2019
In high school, he started his career in pharmacy by taking a job as a technician at a local pharmacy just a few miles away from his home. "I was initially unsure if I wanted to pursue pharmacy but as I got a better understanding of how important pharmacies/pharmacists are in the community, I decided I want to make a difference and I chose pharmacy," said Dr. Amin. Fast-forward a few years, he graduated from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy in 2009.
Pharmacy Student Receives Two-Year Scholarship From the Air Force
February 08, 2019
Paying for a college degree and finding a job after graduation can be a stressful experience, but pharmacy student, Eric Stratoti PharmD'20, will be fully able to focus on his studies thanks to the military.
Events Mark Black History Month At USciences
February 07, 2019
Events hosted by the Office of Student Life and the Black Student Union will honor Black History and Culture Month at USciences.
At a Glance
President: Paul Katz, MD
Students: 2,302 (1,248 undergraduate, 1,054 graduate)
On-campus residents: 494
BS programs: 19
Masters programs: 15 (includes MBA, MOT, MS)
PhD programs: 11 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Professional programs: 3 (includes PharmD, DPT, DrOT)
Certificate programs: 8
Full-time faculty: 202
Student/faculty ratio: 9:1
Campus organizations: 70
Computer labs: 25
Sororities and fraternities: 12
Athletics Name: Devils
School mascot: Drake the Devil
Division II varsity teams: 12
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Points of Pride
Founded in 1821 as the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America.
Our impressive alumni include giants of the pharmaceutical industry like Dr. Eli Lilly. Gerald F. Rorer and John Wyeth.
USciences’ 36-acre, state-of-the-art campus in Philadelphia is close to 100 hospitals and 150 research laboratories.
Both undergraduate and graduate USciences students engage in significant original research alongside world-class faculty.