Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council cultivates USciences’ values of respect, diversity, and inclusiveness. The Council informs, advises, and guides the campus community on ways to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive University.
USciences aspires to achieve our mission and vision and live our values with academic excellence through diversity. We acknowledge:
- Systemic racism as a critical public health concern and a need to be a part of movement from beyond acceptance to change agent and further recognize the role higher education can play as an equalizer.
- A commitment for our University community to better reflect the diversity of our city in order to maximize different thoughts, perspectives, and perceptions and better achieve our innovation, leadership, and excellence goals.
- The need for our University community to feel safe and secure, while maintaining freedom of expression; and to value, respect, and celebrate the unique contributions all individuals bring.
As such, our approach to address these issues involves three core focus areas of community, study body and academics, and workforce.
For more information about USciences commitment to diversity in athletic programs, please see our Gender Equity Plan for Athletics and information about our participation in the You Can Play Project (PDF Statement and Video.)
Members of the Council
President, Black Student Union
Vice President, Community & Government Affairs
Program Manager for International Student and Scholar Services
Director of Human Resources
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Activities and Initiatives
- Continuous Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Trainings for Faculty and Staff - materials may be seen on the internal google site (USciences login required.)
- For examples of past activities and events related to diversity, equity and inclusion, see the Noteworthy section of this web page (below).
600 S. 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104