Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center, located in Whitecar Suite 2600, provides
and coordinates resources for faculty members from all disciplines
who are interested in helping their students become more effective
learners. All Teaching and Learning Center consultations are confidential.
Services and activities include:
- Consultations with individuals or groups interested in revising
courses, improving lecture style, exploring new teaching strategies,
improving tests, etc.
- Linking faculty members with USciences colleagues who have common
- Confidential classroom observations and constructive feedback
- Conduct workshops
discussion groups on issues such as promoting learning-centered
teaching, teaching large classes effectively, developing teaching
portfolios, using authentic assessments and balancing teaching
- Teaching large classes effectively, developing teaching portfolios,
using authentic assessments and balancing teaching and research
- Provide assistance in funding attendance at conferences on teaching
and learning with travel
- Provide resources collection of books, journals, and newsletters
on the teaching and learning process
- Conduct Faculty Enrichment Workshops
- Develop Documents of Innovation
Rubrics for self-Assessment of Teaching
Please drop by or call us at 215-895-1167. We will do everything
we can to help make your teaching at University
of the Sciences in Philadelphia a rewarding experience.
Phyllis Blumberg, Ph.D.
Director, Teaching and Learning Center, Assistant Provost