Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center, located in McNeil Room 124, provides
and coordinates resources for faculty members from all disciplines
who are interested in helping their students become more effective
learners. All Teaching and Learning Center consultations are confidential.
Services and activities include:
- consultations with individuals or groups interested in revising
courses, improving lecture style, exploring new teaching strategies,
improving tests, etc.
- linking up faculty members with USciences colleagues who have
common instructional concerns
- confidential classroom observations and constructive feedback
- workshops and
informal discussion groups on issues such as teaching large classes
effectively, developing teaching portfolios, considering students'
learning styles, and balancing teaching and research
- assistance in funding attendance at conferences on teaching
and learning with travel
- resource collection of books, journals, and newsletters on the
teaching and learning process
- Conduct Faculty Enrichment Workshops
Documents of Innovation
Rubrics for self-Assessment of Teaching
Please drop by or call us at 215-895-1168. We will do everything
we can to help make your first years of teaching at the University
of the Sciences in Philadelphia a rewarding experience.
Phyllis Blumberg, Ph.D.
Director, Teaching and Learning Center
Administrative Assistant, Teaching and Learning Center