|PURCHASES, DONATIONS AND TRANSFERS OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS|
All chemicals, biologicals, radioactive and controlled substances for the laboratories must be ordered through and received by the University's Griffith Hall (GH) or McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) Central Stockrooms. This policy will ensure complete compliance with federal and state regulations.
In addition, the Central Stockroom Manager or the Director of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety must be notified in advance of any transfers or donations of hazardous materials. The chemicals, biologicals, radioactive and controlled substances must also be delivered directly to the University's GH or STC Central Stockrooms.
- limit the chance for degradation or loss of the product when it is delivered to the wrong location,
- ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations,
- ensure that the University has a record of the types of materials that are entering the campus,
- ensure that health and safety risks are identified and prudent provisions are made to address them,
- ensure that there are cost-effective disposal facilities available,
- limit the possibility of a hazardous substance exposure to personnel and students on campus.
If hazardous substances must be transported off-campus, contact EHRS for assistance with packaging the shipment properly. Regulations require proper training and certification for those individuals shipping hazardous substances.
View additional information in Section V on purchasing controlled substances.
View additional information in the Radiation Safety Manual on purchasing radioactive materials.
View information in Section V on shipping biological materials.
View information in the Radiation Safety Manual on shipping radioactive materials.
|University of the Sciences in Philadelphia 600 South Forty-third Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495 phone: 215-596-8800 email: email@example.com|