Extended time on all graded exams and quizzes, not
to exceed (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) of the total exam time.
- Allow the student to either begin the exam/quiz earlier or give them extended
time after everyone else has ended.
- Students should not be moved during the exam and the testing environment should
be conducive to taking an exam (desk, chair, proper lighting). Office of Academic Accommodations has a testing
facility with limited space that may be used. To see if the space is available,
email Office of Academic Accommodations the course name, date and time of the exam at
least 10 business days prior to the exam date.
All graded exams administered in an isolated (a quiet and separate room) testing
- The testing environment should have minimal distractions, and noise should
be kept to a minimum. There should be no more than 2 other individuals in the
exam room.. Office of Academic Accommodations has a testing facility with limited space that may be used.
To see if the space is available, Office of Academic Accommodations the course name,
date and time of the exam at least 10 business days prior to the exam date.
Use of an Exam Reader
A reader (or recorded exam questions) will be provided for all graded exams.
- The exam is read aloud to the student. Only the questions and answer choices
are read. The student may ask for items to be repeated.
- The student should have a copy of the exam in front of them to follow along
with the reader.
- The reader should have the necessary knowledge to have proper pronunciation.
- The reader will either be the faculty member or a staff member. If a reader
is not available the day of the exam, the exam may be recorded and the student
will listen to the recorded test.
- May use a blank sheet of paper to isolate each question on the exam (to reduce
distraction from other questions on the exam)
- When handing out the exams, provide the student with a blank piece of paper.
The faculty member has the right to inform the student that the paper must remain
blank and cannot be used as scratch paper.