For the third-straight year, the Student Health and Counseling Center (SHAC) will draw attention to the wide-spread issue of eating disorders by sponsoring a number of events starting Feb. 27 and running through March 1. The goal is not only to highlight eating disorders, but also to promote a positive body image for University students.
Eating Disorders Awareness Week Events
- Mirrorless Monday- Feb. 27: Can you go an entire day without looking in the mirror? Look for paper-covered mirrors in the ARC and selected residence halls and tell us what defines you other than what you see in the mirror.
- The Art of Recovery- Feb. 29, 1:30-4 p.m.: Following the Town Hall Meeting, please join us at SHAC as the Renfrew Center presents an exhibit of artwork by women in recovery from eating disorders. Brief comments by two Renfrew Center health professionals will be followed by an opportunity for informal discussion, viewing of the artwork, and enjoyment of refreshing food and beverages. All are invited!
- Rate Your Plate- Feb. 29: Rate your plate with a dietician in Wilson Dining Hall during lunch.
- The Great Jeans Giveaway! March 1, 12-3 p.m. in the ARC: Feel great in your genes! Bring in any jeans that don’t fit properly (too big, too small, just the wrong fit) and we will donate them to a shelter in our community. While you’re at it, decorate the jeans on display with your inspiring messages!
- All week: Look for Balanced Meals in the dining hall, book and bookmark displays in the Library, and inspiring messages and resource information posted around campus all week!
For more information services at SHAC, visit www.usciences.edu/shac.