- Who: The Sisters of Kappa Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc. at USciences
- What: C.A.R.E. Week (Cancer Awareness: A Real Effort)
- Where/When: March 25 – 28 2013
- Monday: Kick-Off Rally at 8:30 p.m. in Wilson Hall
- Tuesday: Candlelight Vigil at 7 p.m. in the QUAD
- Wednesday: Service Event at 7 p.m. in Wilson 205
- Thursday: Bake Sale from 1 to 3 p.m. in Wilson Lobby
- Big-Little Competition at 7 p.m. in PTC 140
- Why: To raise money for the Cancer Community of Philadelphia in support of our philanthropy
- How: With your support!!
All proceeds will be donated to the Cancer Support Community of Philadelphia
Starting Monday, March 25, the Sisters of Kappa Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc. will be hosting their C.A.R.E. Week (Cancer Awareness: A Real Effort) on the USciences Campus. As a tradition that occurs at every chapter/colony nationwide, C.A.R.E Week commemorates the national philanthropy, Cancer Awareness. This year, the proceeds raised at every event during this week will be donated to the Cancer Support Community of Philadelphia.
This year’s theme is Candyland! Come out Monday evening as the sisters kick-off the week with carnival games, free food (including a Qdoba Naked Burrito Bowl stand) and chances to win prizes. On Tuesday, there will be a candlelight vigil honoring cancer fighters, survivors and those loved ones we have lost to the disease. Everyone is welcomed to participate. During Wednesday’s event, we will be making personalized cards for individuals and families affected by cancer. Finally on Thursday, watch Big and Little duos from your fraternities and sororities battle it out to win the title of #1 Big and Little! With free food, fun games, a great cause AND a Candyland theme—you can’t go wrong!
For more information, please visit the Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/events/308712755924809/?group_id=0.