One hundred and five people took advantage of near perfect weather conditions during the 26th Annual USP Alumni Golf Tournament to raise money for a good cause on August 4. The tournament was able to raise money for the athletic department's training room, and also raised over $900 for The Make A Wish Foundation sponsored by the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. The Edgmont Country Club provided the backdrop for the event that was highlighted by perfect golf weather.
1. Associate Athletic Director and Event Voordinator Paul
Klimitas introduces the scramble champions: left to right, Dr. Mike
Machuzak BI’94, Brian Derk P’95, Len Guarna P’93 and Jeff Hydro P’95.
2. Head women’s softball coach Cindy Rabideau (second from right) with friends of the University.
3. Lions of winter: left to right, Matthew Land P’66, Dr. Roger Schnaare HonAlm’97, Dr. Clyde Ofner , and Dr. Ed Sugita HonAlm’95.
4. Over 100 golfers were ready to go for the annual alumni golf outing.
5. Alumni Medal champion Norman Alworth P’81 with Klimitas.
Among the many awards given out at the buffet dinner was the USP medal competition champion award to Norm Alworth P'81. Brian Derk P'95, Len Guarna P'93, Jeff Hydro P'95, and Mike Machuzak B'94 shot an 8 under 62 to claim the team scramble title.
Additional winners were:
Second Place Medal Alumnus: Mark Papineau PH/TX'83
Third Place Medal Alumnus: Jack Kelly P'86
Fourth Place Medal Alumnus Gene Ragazzo P'81
Second Place Scramble Team Competition: Mark Cziraky P'93, PharmD'92, and Vince Willey P'92, with friends of the University Mike Bullano and Jeff Osciak, with a 7 under 63
Callawy Medal Champion: Edward Joyce P'82 with a score of 73