Patricial Leahy Memorial Lecture - CEU Information
PT and PTAs can earn 2.5 CEUs (DE, NJ, PA) and honor the memory of Professor Leahy.
Participants will be able to:
- Summarize recent research on neuroplasticity and high intensity exercise in individuals with PD.
- Design treatment strategies relating to gait and mobility deficits using recent research advances in therapy for PD.
- List commonly used outcome measures for assessing individuals with Parkinson’s disease based on disease stage and clinical presentation.
- Develop ways to improve patient self-efficacy to promote self-management techniques for exercise adherence.
- Develop appropriate PD-specific therapy programs based on high intensity research principles.
- Introduction to PD
- Pathophysiology & Biomechanics
- Outcome measures
- High Intensity Exercise Defined
- Physical Therapy management programs
- Self-Efficacy and Self- management techniques
- Case-based treatment Discussions
- Group discussion of Cases
- Final Q & A
- Objectives 1, 2,3, 4 and 5 to be disseminated in a 45 minute lecture.
- Objectives 1,2 , 4 and 5 to be disseminated in small group breakout sessions, which will include:
- a discussion of treatment options and training methods
- case- based treatment discussion
- report back to large group from each breakout group, of key discussion points.
- A final presenter led question/answer session will conclude the course.