1. Minimize all open windows and single-click anywhere on the background to make sure ‘Finder’ is the active application on the top left of the screen.
2. Once you see ‘Finder’ in the top right corner, click the ‘Go’ button. Scroll down and click ‘Connect to Server’.
3. Here is where you will type in the path of the homeshare or departmental share you are mapping.
4. Type the path of the share you are trying to map.
For a homeshare type: smb://jungle.usip.edu/usci/username
Where username is your usciences ID i.e. “j.doe”
For a departmental share you will have to get the path from IT
5. Once the path is entered click the “+” sign, and then click “Connect”.
7. You will then be prompted for your credentials.
8. Make sure the “Registered User” radio button is selected. Enter your USciences username and password. Check the box to “Remember this password in the keychain” to allow the drive to automatically map next time you login. Click “Connect”.
9. Once connected your mapped network drive should appear on the upper-right hand portion of your desktop. Double clicking it will show its contents.
The next steps will allow your network drives to automatically connect every time you login to your computer.