Postdoctoral Researcher for Biology
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting to Dr. Kenneth A Myers, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, the successful candidate will join an NIH funded laboratory to contribute to a research program focused on microscopy-based investigations of endothelial cell biology. The aim of these investigations is to characterize extracellular signaling pathways that drive changes in cytoskeletal dynamics, thereby controlling endothelial cell morphology and directional migration.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performing experiments, analyzing data, writing and publishing research manuscripts related to an NIH funded research proposal.
- Presenting research data at lab meetings and national meetings.
- Training and working with graduate and undergraduate researchers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will possess a doctoral (minimum Ph.D.) degree with graduate research focus in cell biology and fluorescence microscopy.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have graduate research experience working with the cytoskeleton (actin and microtubules) and accompanying microscopy and / or image analysis (computer vision) skills.
- The successful candidate will have experience with techniques using confocal microscopy, cell culture and transient transfection of cDNA, biochemical methodologies including immuno-precipitation and western blotting, and will have a general background or experience using computational image analysis (MatLab, Nikon Elements, MetaMorph).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The successful candidate will have extensive laboratory experience culturing cells, imaging fixed and live cells using confocal fluorescence microscopy, performing immuno-precipitation, SDS-PAGE & western blotting.
- The candidate should have experience with Windows-based computing systems
- Skills in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office are required.
- Experience using image analysis software (Nikon Elements, MatLab, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) will be a great advantage.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter AND curriculum vitae as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please mail 2 letters of recommendation to:
Attn: Kenneth Myers
University of the Sciences
600 S. 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Applications will not be reviewed until both letters of recommendation are received.
Electronic submissions only
University of the Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran