Pharmacy Practice Field Supervisor
Purpose of the Job:
The pharmacy experiential supervisor will serve as the primary liaison to the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. experiential training sites for a defined geographic area.
- Must be able to interface and relate to preceptors and related student training needs in diverse pharmacy practice settings.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting and developing new IPPE and APPE sites and preceptors.
- Orient new preceptors, provide preceptor training, and participate in program and preceptor development programs
- Must support achievement of site pre-requisites, experiential policies, and standards for students, preceptors and rotation experiences.
- Teach and participate in campus based courses and meetings.
Education and Experience:
- Experience as a preceptor
- BSc Pharmacy or PharmD
- A current understanding of contemporary pharmacy practice and requirements for delivery of experiential training at the introductory and advanced rotation levels is necessary.
- Proficiency in use of information technology (ex. Word, Excel, data management)
- Effective problem identification, problem solving, conflict resolution and related communication skills are essential.
- Practice based experience (past and/or current) is preferred
- Current pharmacist license
- Driver’s license in good standing required
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) : PCPFieldSupervisor@usciences.edu The application deadline is June 9, 2014.
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer