Maintenance Staff II, Facilities
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Custodial Supervisor, the Maintenance Staff II is responsible for keeping the premises of The University of the Sciences in Philadelphia campus and buildings in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
- Operates floor scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, prevents equipment misuse, and keeps equipment in good working order. Reports defective equipment to supervisor.
- Cleans all glass using proper cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, metal surfaces and trim using proper cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas using correct techniques and chemicals.
- Empties trash receptacles daily, including feminine hygiene disposal containers, making sure that container is clean and new liner is provided.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes all hard floors, steps and stairways using proper chemicals and equipment.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using proper chemicals and equipment.
- Dusts all hard surfaces, furniture and equipment. Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Cleans chalkboards, erasers, and eraser trays using proper equipment.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays. Places all recycling items in proper containers.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, etc.
- Cleans custodial closets. Empties vacuum cleaner and changes belt if necessary.
- Replaces incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs.
- Must attend required training and development classes and/or sessions as required
- Maintains levels of attendance, punctuality, and appearance as required by departmental standards.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires basic skills in reading posted assignments or work orders
- Basic writing skills in completing simple reports
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Must be able to work different shifts.
- Must be able to life/move up to 75 pounds and work on step ladders up to 8 feet in height
- Moves furniture and other items within a building as directed (i.e. desk, couch, filing cabinet, etc.). Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer