Office Manager, Institutional Advancement
Purpose of the Job:
The Office Manager, Institutional Advancement Manager serves as the business operations manager for the Institutional Advancement Division. The Manager reports to the Vice President, Institutional Advancement, and oversees budget, billing and building issues for IA, as well as direct support for the VP. The Manager will have direct supervision of the Institutional Advancement Coordinator and will delegate certain tasks to that particular individual.
The Manager will work as a member of the Institutional Advancement team, and coordinate his/her activities with those of other units in Institutional Advancement and other units at the University.
- Manages all department budgets for IA, including monitoring of expenses, allocations, transfers, and reports from Finance
- Oversees purchasing and procurement activities to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- Produce annual budget and activity projections for each IA department in consultation with the directors of said departments and the VP
- Serves as business operations manager for IA:
- Coordinate Human Resources needs and projects for VP (timesheets, position searches/interviews, vacation approval, maintenance of organizational charts, etc.)
- Work with building management and appropriate University units on facility issues/problems
- Manage scheduling for and communication about staffing during holidays, for events, and in support of special projects for IA
- Serve as primary liaison with other campus offices (print shop, IT, Finance, Facilities, Catering, etc.) regarding IA needs and projects.
- Manage the annual process of review and revision of the IA policies, working with the Director of Advancement Services
- Supervision and support of Coordinator, including provision of evaluations, and direction and monitoring of workflow.
- Coordinates all board-related activity and materials for the VP, including preparation of reports, presentations and other related needs.
- Direct support for VP:
- Schedules appointments and meetings as appropriate; notifies participants of time, date, place, agenda items and other related information as necessary.
- Coordinates (or delegates coordination of) department and division-wide meetings, as appropriate, and arranges for meeting specifics.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for VP, including transportation, lodging, conference registrations, travel authorization and claim forms. Processes travel and expense forms for travel requests, registration payments, advances and expense claims.
- Provide management and support for special projects as needed for the VP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business setting, non-profit/fundraising preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong, proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and sense of propriety in dealing with sensitive information related to both internal matters and alumni/donors.
- Excellent software and technology abilities.
- Possess a positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to communicate well with many different constituencies
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary, including evenings and weekends
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer