Institutional Advancement Coordinator
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Office Manager, Institutional Advancement, the Institutional Advancement Coordinator is responsible for secretarial and administrative support functions within the Division of Institutional Advancement. Further, the Coordinator will provide support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in the absence of the Office Manager, Institutional Advancement.
The Coordinator will work as a member of the Institutional Advancement team, and coordinate his/her activities with those of other units in Institutional Advancement and other units at the University.
- Represents the IA Division in screening and greeting visitors, and fielding telephone calls from a wide variety of public contacts requiring tact, diplomacy and friendliness.
- Schedules appointments and meetings as appropriate; notifies participants of time, date, place, agenda items and other related information as necessary.
- Coordinates department and division-wide meetings, as appropriate, and arranges for meeting specifics, such as meals, refreshments and materials.
- Coordinates travel arrangements including transportation, lodging, conference registrations, travel authorization and claim forms. Processes travel and expense forms for travel requests, registration payments, advances and expense claims.
- Types and completes a variety of forms, correspondence and documents, researching and revising as needed. Assists in the production of individual correspondence including word processing, corrections, revisions and mail merging.
- Assists in tracking budget expenditures and maintaining balances and information for all IA departments under the direction of the Manager.
- Collects, reviews and submits timesheets and purchasing card expense reports for the IA Division, under the direction of the Manager.
- Submits work order requests to the University and/or the building management company on behalf of IA. Ensures all work orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates the onboarding of new employees, working with Human Resources, Information Technology and other departments as needed.
- Orders office and technology supplies as needed.
- Enters action reports into database for VP and prepares other prospect and donor information at the direction of the Manager and/or VP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of general secretarial experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent software ability.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Possess a positive and professional demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary, including evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: email@example.com
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer