Donor Relations Coordinator
Purpose of the Job:
The Donor Relations Coordinator reports to the Director, Advancement Services and is responsible for overseeing the accurate and meaningful acknowledgement of gifts, reporting of endowed funds, management of recognition societies, other donor relations activities as required, as well as other tasks as may be needed to support the Department of Advancement Services.
The Coordinator will work as a member of the Institutional Advancement team, and coordinate his/her activities with those of other units in Institutional Advancement and other units at the University.
- Manage acknowledgement procedures and craft acknowledgement letters, ensuring letters are sent in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research and draft reports for endowed funds (chairs, programs), as well as outright scholarships, prizes and awards.
- Send award and information packets to donors of endowed funds to provide information such as fund values, scholarship recipients, etc. on a recurring basis.
- Manage donor recognition societies, including Griffith Society, Griffith Society XV and Remington Society, to ensure that timely and informative materials are sent upon attainment of membership.
- Manage all donor relations projects, such as honor roll of donors, periodic table of legacies tile ordering and installation, all donor signage and recognition, and arrange for special meetings for donors and their fund beneficiaries.
- Complete assigned data projects, including monthly pledge reminders, prospect tracking and fund information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The individual is expected to have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as good listening, organizational and computer skills.
- One to three years of experience in a comparable position (fundraising, marketing, sales) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong computer skills. Expert in MS Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer