Director of Auxiliary Services
The University of the Sciences is accepting resumes for our Director of Auxiliary Services reporting to the Controller/Assistant Vice President for Finance. This newly created position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and financial oversight for the following auxiliary service units: Contracted University Bookstore, vending and food services, University One Card program, parking, student meal plans, Print Shop, and Mail Services. The Director reports to the Controller/Assistant Vice President for Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a business and marketing plan for the areas of responsibility to ensure financial stability for Auxiliary Services
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates performance and provides leadership to assigned staff
- Functions as a team member by utilizing effective communication and working relationships with staff, faculty, customers, vendors and the community at large
- Develops and implements operating procedures, and recommends appropriate related policies in order to meet budget and service objectives
- Administers all aspects of contracts with external vendors for bookstores, foodservice, vending, and other revenue-generating activities of Auxiliary Services as a profit center and/or a break-even service for the University
- Implements administrative procedures and systems to carry out departmental service-oriented objectives and University policies
- Facilitates the communication of textbook issues between academic departments and the bookstores, and addresses customer service issues with all of the vendors providing auxiliary services to the University community
- Coordinates facility upgrades and maintenance for all auxiliary services to ensure accessibility and service quality
- Coordinates bookstore, food services, print shop, and mail services with other components of the University
- Develops and manages budgets, goals and objectives, staffing recommendations, and capital needs as necessary to ensure each unit operates efficiently and in accord with sound business principles while maintaining financial viability
- Prepares a variety of reports and correspondence appropriate to assignment
- Re-evaluates service delivery models as an agency basis to improve service, and increase efficiency and profitability
- Serves on University committees as required or assigned
- Performs special projects related to Auxiliary Services as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and eight (8) years of experience in institutional management (bookstore, cafeteria, or other retail enterprises); or M.B.A. (Master’s Degree in Business Administration) and four (4) years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working operational knowledge of the functional areas within Auxiliary Services and how each interfaces with other areas of the campus.
- Ability to lead, manage and supervise personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to plan and prepare budgets and to track financial performance required.
- Ability to plan and implement multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, cover letter/letter of interest (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit three letters of reference and a copy of their transcript of the highest degree.
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.