Director of Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences
The Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) at the University of the Sciences invites applications for the Director of Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences. The successful candidate will oversee the curricular delivery and management of advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) for P4 Doctor of Pharmacy students and fulfill expectations of a full time board appointed faculty member. We are seeking an individual with progressive pharmacy practice experiences that includes training of students or residents with exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and who will work collaboratively with students, faculty and preceptors. Salary and faculty rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy is the oldest pharmacy school in the nation and part of the University of the Sciences. The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration is dedicated to educating students in pharmacy, conducting research, and performing service to advance the University, the profession, and society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet expectations of a Board appointed faculty including service, teaching and scholarship.
- Serve as course coordinator for all APPE rotations.
- Teach in at least one course (elective or small group) per year and engage in lab and programmatic student competency assessments.
- Provide leadership in development and delivery of APPE experiences.
- Meet expectations of ACPE for experiential education.
- Engage and orient upcoming and current APPE class/students to guide rotation decision making and rotation assignments consistent with career goals and program policies and priorities.
- Promote a culture of professionalism and adult learning by APPE students.
- Manage student expectations and performance consistent with site/preceptor expectations, University and APPE policies, curricular requirements and professionalism agreement.
- Oversee identification, recruitment, orientation, development and assessment of APPE preceptors.
- Oversee and support experiential field supervisors in new site/preceptor development and oversight of preceptors and student performance.
- Oversee staff management of experiential information management system (ex. E*value) database. Optimize utilization of system(s).
- Manage the development of annual APPE student schedules including obtaining and then matching preceptor availability with student preferences and departmental priorities.
- Manage APPE course registration, monitor student evaluations and performance, finalize rotation grades and submit to Registrar.
- Address scheduling adjustments based on student and preceptor needs.
- Resolve student performance problems.
- Coordinate APPE rotations and scheduling with IPPE rotations.
- Support compliance with obtaining site affiliation agreements and satisfaction of pre-requisites.
- Manage an assessment program for the APPEs.
- Support appointment of APPE preceptors as adjunct faculty members.
- Support budgetary management of APPE related expenses.
- Build and sustain a positive working relationship with students, preceptors, faculty, and alumni.
- The position reports to the Vice Chair for Experiential Learning.
Education and Experience:
- Professional Pharmacy Degree: Pharm.D. preferred (or B.Sc. Pharmacy with advanced training/experience and/or other degree; ex. MBA).
- Advanced practice experience / accomplishments in pharmacy practice, management or education.
- Experience in educational/training program delivery: ex. preceptor for students and/or residents, education coordinator, didactic teaching, pharmacist training/ CE programming, etc.
PA Pharmacist license or licensure eligible
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of contemporary pharmacy practice and related issues
- Networking to develop relationships within the pharmacy community in a variety of practice settings.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and PC use
- Management and leadership of personnel and programs
- Ability to meet established educational goals and outcomes and standards including accreditation requirements.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest stating their qualifications and current curriculum vitae to:
Valerie Shafir Ganetsky, Pharm.D., BCPS
Chair: Faculty Search Committee
Department of Pharmacy Practice / Pharmacy Administration
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
Electronic submissions only
University of the Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran