Reporting to the assistant director of communications, the communications coordinator will actively and effectively promote a positive image for University of the Sciences using public relations, media relations, and social media. At the core, this position requires highly effective communication, across a variety of written and edited print and digital materials. This dynamic team player will work collaboratively with others on the team, University administration, the events team, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, as he/she networks and promotes the University’s message, mission and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with the public and internal constituents as a key representative of the University, using various media channels (print, radio, TV, digital) and by leveraging existing and new contacts with the media.
- Researches, writes, and edits press releases, media advisories, feature/news articles, marcomm copy, web content, email, and social media messaging.
- Takes an active, daily role in building and managing social media campaigns for the University’s social media channels such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Experts Blog, and other social networking and media outlets. Monitors and supervises social media activities during and after hours. Works collaboratively with the enrollment management team to effectively promote the University to prospective students.
- Fulfills photojournalistic role on campus, taking photographs and capturing video during events and in support of development of communications materials and social media channels. Has the ability to edit photos and video into a cohesive story.
- Maintains and ensures timely execution of Daily Dose news clippings and the monthly Insider email newsletter.
- Supports assistant director of communications in the key effort to plan, develop, and execute a successful expansion of the University’s awareness that supports enrollment management goals.
- Performs other job-related duties or responsibilities as assigned, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, or communications preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, or media relations.
- Skilled and experienced in Mac or PC computer environments and the full Microsoft suite–Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in using the internet for social media execution and should also have digital photo and video editing skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills and highly articulate in both the spoken and written word, including proven success in researching, composing, editing and proofing written materials; good judgment; and ability to work well with a variety of individuals. Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines, and problem solve. Needs to be willing to perform duties within the confines of the position after normal work hours.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: email@example.com
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.