Head Varsity Woman's Volleyball Coach
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Varsity Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for managing all phases of the University of the Sciences women volleyball program.
- Provides leadership, supervision and direction for assigned staff.
- Recruit student athletes for the women's volleyball team.
- Provides general leadership and training for a team of college-aged students.
- Directs workouts and coordinates with strength and conditioning for appropriate skill set training.
- Provide high-level sport-skill instruction and motivation.
- Oversee player eligibility and NCAA Division rules compliance.
- Schedule and conduct practice sessions during traditional and non-traditional segments of the year.
- Manage volleyball team budget and maintain the team equipment inventory.
- Display a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct as per the NCAA Constitution.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to the student community.
- Monitor and support student-athlete academic progress.
- Collaborate with the Academic Director on the promotion of the volleyball program.
- Work closely with the athletic department on fundraising activities that impact the volleyball program and/or the athletics department.
- Schedules tournaments, travel and performance training for athletes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization required;
- 3 years experience coaching at the college level preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collegiate experience as a student-athlete is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or be eligible to obtain.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in a diverse work environment, be attentive to details, have the ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment, maintain confidentiality, handle frequent interruptions and manage multiple projects while keeping an organized workflow.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
First Aid and CPR certification.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and University field.
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer