Head Varsity Women's Softball Coach
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Varsity Women’s Softball Coach is responsible for coaching and administration of the softball program. The Head Softball Coach provides a vital service to the Athletic Department by coordinating and conducting all aspects of the softball program.
- Responsible for coaching and directing women’s softball program, including organizing and supervising all practices and games.
- Recruiting quality student athletes.
- Budgeting and travel planning.
- Commitment to and monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and public relations.
- Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of scholarships, practicing, recruiting, scouting, and skill development.
- Recommend, administer, and document appropriate student athlete disciplinary measures.
- Ensure student athlete academic success by overseeing academic advising and monitoring of academic progress.
- Maintain softball facility grounds and equipment inventory.
- Develop and maintain effective interaction with students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Prior successful softball coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or be eligible to obtain.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of coaching softball, including games, practices, strength/conditioning, and recruiting.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
First Aid and CPR certification.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and University field.
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer