Head Varsity Golf Coach
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Varsity Golf Coach is responsible for managing all aspects of the program, including but not limited to, recruiting, fundraising, tournament operations, on-course coaching, and other duties as assigned.
- Provides leadership, supervision and direction for assigned staff.
- Provides general leadership and training for a team of college-aged students.
- Directs workouts and coordinates with strength and conditioning for appropriate skill set training.
- Teaches and coaches specific golf skills and course management strategies.
- Provides a safe environment for workout and independently makes decisions regarding the nature of workouts based on the status of the welfare of the players.
- Responsible for oversight and monitoring of academic progress of the student-athletes on the team.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Athletics on scheduling of contests and program budget.
- Recruits potentially successful students to University of the Sciences and utilizes creatively to verbalize the USciences niche and opportunities that USciences has to offer in each recruiting situation.
- Monitors academic performance/progress and eligibility status of student athletes, graduating student athletes.
- Develops donor/booster groups and strong relationship with local golf organizations.
- Budget management, fundraising and promoting the sport throughout the University and local community.
- Schedules tournaments, travel and performance training for athletes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 3 years of experience at the high school level or collegiate level.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or be eligible to obtain.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of and abides by University and NCAA regulations, policies and procedures.
- The ability to coach and recruit highly skilled student-athletes.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
First Aid and CPR certification.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and University field.
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
UScience is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer