Certified Medical Assistant
Within the Department of Student Health & Counseling, under the supervision of the Nurse Practitioner and the Physician, the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, clinical and support activities. Some require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills, such as phlebotomy and injections. The CMA provides outstanding customer service to student clientele and endeavors to maintain the professional nature of the Student Health Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative and clinical activities for the department and serves as a central point of liaison for new and returning student clientele/patients.
- Serves as custodian of medical records and provides administrative, physical, and technical safeguard of information to assure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of protected health information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Oversees the prompt and courteous processing of students/patients.
- Ability to register patients (PyraMed) as they present to the health service and schedule future appointments.
- Stock, clean, and disinfect the clinic exam rooms and common areas under direction of the healthcare providers.
- Initial work-up’s of patients (vital signs, chief complaint and history of symptoms, etc.).
- Assist and chaperone for pelvic examinations including the processing of any testing completed.
- Obtain blood work and perform other office testing such as urine dip, urine pregnancy, PPD placement, and rapid strep tests.
- Call and retrieve, as directed, laboratory tests and diagnostic tests such as radiology and ultrasound reports.
- Package specimens for pick up by the various laboratories.
- Order, receive, organize and store all medical supplies.
- Administer injections for immunizations, allergy treatments, and the administration of Depo-Provera
- Input of data into electronic health record system (PyraMed).
- Follow up by phone or email with patients under direction of the healthcare providers.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Student Health & Counseling service.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience 2-3 years in a primary care setting
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- CPR certification
Applications Instructions: To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: email@example.com.
Electronic submissions only. USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative