Administrative Assistant II, Registrar
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Registrar, the Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified unit/department, which require a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the department/division such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed, and in accordance with pre-established procedures.
- Assists department/division administrator(s) in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents.
- Develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports, such as payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, purchasing and employment documents, and/or stock and capital equipment inventories.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail;
- Composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Leads and trains student employees, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 3-5years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Receptionist skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of travel/lodging planning and scheduling.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer