Presentations will be made at USciences' Mayes College, Saturday February 27, 2016 starting at 10:00am.
How would you convince people to make healthy lifestyle decisions?
The Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business program at Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy, University of
the Sciences, encourages you to be creative and think out of the
box in persuading someone to live a healthy lifestyle. Mayes is
sponsoring a social media competition, open to all
sophomore, junior and senior high school students. Total cash prizes
and scholarships in excess of $10,000 are available to the winning
teams, who develop the best Healthy Lifestyles campaign using social
media. Social media includes: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr,
- Campaign themes should encourage individuals to adopt a more
healthy lifestyle such as making better food choices, losing weight,
limiting alcohol consumption, stop smoking, etc.
- Target audiences can include peers, young adults, parents, grandparents,
- Submission must include a PowerPoint presentation. You can also
use videos, photo galleries, and other tools that take advantage
of social media platforms.
- The entries will be judged on creativity and/or originality
(30%); understanding the target audience (15%); social media strategy
(15%); presentation skills (15%); and social media campaign materials
including relevance/applicability, artistic merit, mastery of
the media, and production skills (25%.)
- Entry form must be completed and submitted as PDF file or Word document by Monday, February 22, 2016.
- Final campaign presentations must be submitted by Wednesday, February 24, 2016. Submission details here.
- Presentations will be made at the Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy, Saturday, February 27, 2016 starting at 10am.