| Home  |  Admission  |  International Students  

International Students

Application Deadline

International students seeking F1 visa status must apply and provide all required materials by June 1. We strongly recommend sending in all supporting documents well in advance of this deadline.

Special Requirements

All international applicants must submit official scores from the TOEFL. This requirement may be waived if you have been studying at an English-speaking institution for at least four years. Exceptions are made on an individualized basis after receiving your application and other supporting documents.

International students who are applying without a college degree must submit official SAT or ACT scores. This requirement may be waived if you are able to show successful completion in English courses that equate to an American collegiate level. Waivers are not common and will be evaluated on an individualized basis.

If admitted, international students seeking F1 visa status must submit Certification of Finances form. Contact Lynne Bell, International Student Specialist at l.bell@usciences.edu or 215-895-3135 to obtain a copy of the form.

International First Year Students

If you are a high school senior or have earned a high school degree but not taken any college-level courses, you are considered to be a first year student. Please refer to our Undergraduate Admission page for information regarding deadlines and application requirements.

International Transfer Students

If you have completed any college-level coursework outside of the United States, you are considered to be a transfer student. Please refer to our Transfer Admission page for information regarding deadlines and transfer requirements. Please note that any program specific deadlines supercede the June 1 international student deadline date.

If you are an international transfer student, you must have a “course-by-course” evaluation of all college coursework completed outside the United States by WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators). If you do not have a degree, you must additionally submit your high school transcripts to ECE for a course-by-course evaluation.

International Graduate Admission

If you are applying to a graduate program (MS, PhD, MBA, and MPH Programs and certificate programs in biomedical Writing and Pharmaceutical Business), please refer to our International Graduate Admission page for information regarding deadlines and other requirements.

More Information

For more information, please consult our International Student Services web page.

© 2016 University of the Sciences in Philadelphia • 600 South 43rd Street • Philadelphia, PA 19104 • 215.596.8800
Web site Powered by ActiveCampus™ Software by Datatel, Inc.