WebAdvisor Reference Guide for Students
Note: In order to register for
your courses you must:
- Create an educational plan
- Submit your educational plan to your advisor
- Receive advisor approval through WebAdvisor
Once you've completed these steps, you will be ready to register
online by going to the
Logging in to Webadvisor:
First time users: On the WebAdvisor main menu,
Your initial login and password will consist of your first initial
and last name, with no spaces (same as your email address without
the @usp.edu). Your password will consist of your six-digit birth
date (e.g., January 1, 1980 = 010180)
Once you are logged in for the first time, you will be required
to select a new password.
Returning users: Login with your User ID and
the password you selected previously.
User ID and Password Help
If you experience difficulty with your WebAdvisor User ID, Password
or technical difficulties, please contact our IT department at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 215-596-7575.
Check your academic
progress – Degree Audit
You can review a list of the requirements for your degree program
and those that you’ve met or completed.
- In the “Student” menu, select “Program Evaluation”
under Academic Planning
- Check your active program
- At the “What work do you want to include?”, select
All. This will factor in all courses you’ve completed as
well as any courses you’re currently enrolled in and any
classes you may have planned in future semesters.
- Click Submit
- A page will display your degree audit.
- Click OK.
This section will provide you with a list of courses that are
available in the upcoming semester(s).
- In the "Student" menu, Click “Search for Sections”
- From the drop-down menu, select a term to search (for Summer
2008, Fall 2008)
- In the Subject field, select your major
Note: If you wish to view courses in more than one subject area,
you may re-run this process selecting that subject area, or leave
the subject field blank and view all graduate course offerings.
- In the Academic level field at the bottom of the page (not
course level), select UG
- Click Submit
- You may now either print the list of courses being offered,
or make a note of the courses you wish to register for.
- When you have a record of the courses you wish to register
for, click OK.
Search for courses
for advisor approval – Plan Courses
This section provides you with a list of all of the courses in
the subject area; it does include courses that may not be offered
in the upcoming semester(s). From this list, you will select the
courses you plan to register for and the semester you plan to enroll.
When selecting your courses, please refer to the list of courses
you printed from the “Search for Sections” process above.
- In the “Student” menu, Click Plan Courses under
- Click View Worksheet
- Confirm that your program and catalog year is correct. Click
- Click Catalog Search and Add in the upper right corner of the
- Enter your search criteria (see below) and submit.
- Search for courses in a specific subject/major, in the
Subject field, select your major from the drop-down menu.
At the bottom of the page, select Undergraduate in the Academic
level field (not the course level field).
- Search through all undergraduate courses by entering Undergraduate
in the Academic Level field (not the course level field).
- Select the course you wish to take as well as the term in which
you plan to take it.
- Once you’ve selected all of your courses and terms, click
- The course(s) you’ve selected will now appear on your
worksheet. Please note that “Student” will appear
in the ‘Added by’ column [Note: once your advisor
has approved your course selection(s), this notation will read
“Student (advisor approved)”.] Click OK. You will
now need to meet with your advisor for approval.
- You will now need to submit this plan to your advisor. On the
top right of the page, click on the email my advisor link.
- Select the advisor(s) you wish to contact for course approval.
- Type in the subject line of the email. One suggested subject
line would read “My course selections are ready for your
- Type in any additional message you’d like to submit to
your advisor. You MUST enter a message or your email will not
- Click submit (It may take several seconds for the processing
- Review the e-mail sent confirmation.
- Courses will then be recorded for advisor approval.
- Click OK as many times as necessary to move to next step.
Important Note: You must meet with your advisor for course
approval after you have completed your Ed Plan.
for approved courses – Register for sections
Once you’ve received advisor approval, you may register online:
- In the “Student” menu, Click “Plan Courses”
under Academic Planning
- Click “Register” from the list of links on the
left side of the page
- Confirm your program and Submit
- Select courses to be registered by entering a ‘check’
in the “Find Sections” column and Submit
- When your course selections appear on the next screen, Submit.
- On the next screen, “Register and Drop Sections”,
Select Register from the drop down menu Action for ALL Pref. Sections
(or choose below)
- Review the status column for confirmation
- Any error messages should be displayed in red. Only courses
for which you have received advisor approval will be registered.
Drop a Class
- In the "Student" menu,<![endif]> Click on “Register
and Drop Sections” under Registration
- Check the course to Drop
- Click Submit
- Review the Registration Results for confirmation
- Click OK
Add a Class
If you need to add a class to your registration, follow the steps
above “Register for Approved Courses – Register for
Sections”. You must have advisor approval in order to add
Questions or Concerns
Please contact your advisor if you have any question regarding