Dual Degree Program with The Commonwealth Medical College
University of the
Sciences has a cooperative agreement with The Commonwealth Medical College
(TCMC) in Scranton, Pennsylvania, that offers a direct entry option to medical school.
arrangement with TCMC guarantees seven seats each year for qualified USciences
graduates participating in this program. Students must successfully complete their
undergraduate prerequisites for medical school at USciences and fulfill the
admission requirements for TCMC’s doctor of medicine program. This articulation
agreement is open to students committed to serving rural populations especially
in northeastern and north central Pennsylvania and application is by invitation only.
As a student in
this program, you will complete four years at USciences in any bachelor
of science major and four years at TCMC, earning both BS and MD degrees.
About The Commonwealth Medical College
- One of the newest allopathic medical schools in the United States, TCMC focuses on providing community-based distributive model healthcare, offering you early clinical exposure, a multigenerational family to follow a primary care mentor, and clinical experiences in years one and two. More details.
- Website: www.tcmc.edu
- TCMC has a strong interest in you if you are a northeastern Pennsylvania resident with a history of community service who wants to have an impact on the community-based delivery of healthcare.
High School Applicants:
If you are a highly
motivated student in your final year of high school, you are eligible to apply
to this program provided you meet the following entrance criteria:
1150 SAT score (combined critical reading and mathematics) or 25 ACT
high school grade point average of 3.40 (4.0 scale)
rank in the top 25% of your graduating class
evidence of scholarly and professional potential and of the desire to become a
primary care provider in northeastern Pennsylvania
be a US citizen or permanent resident
Current USciences Students
If you are
currently enrolled at USciences, there are two opportunities to apply to this
program.You are eligible to apply after you have completed the first
undergraduate year (U1) at USciences and again during the spring semester of your
second undergraduate year (U2). You qualify for application to this program if
you meet the following eligibility criteria:
Minimum 1150 SAT score (combined critical reading and mathematics) or 25 ACT (composite)
- Overall USciences GPA of 3.5
- No course grade less than a "C"
- Other evidence of scholarly and professional potential and of the desire to become a primary care provider in northeastern Pennsylvania
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Prior to acceptance
- Meet all eligibility requirements as stated above
- Be interviewed by the Pre-Professional Advisory Committee at USciences
While matriculated at USciences
While enrolled in the program at USciences, you will complete a BS degree and the courses required for admission to TCMC. You are required to maintain specific GPA and other performance standards. An interview at TCMC is required for admission to the medical school as well as competitive MCAT scores.
Please contact our Admission office at 215-596-8810 or email@example.com with any admission related questions.
For questions about the program, please contact:
Laura A. Mangano, MEd
Associate Director of Pre-Health Professions Advising
Misher College of Arts and Sciences