Dual Degree Program with the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
University of the Sciences has a cooperative agreement with the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University (PCO/SU) that helps you make a direct entry to optometry school. The accelerated 7-Year BS in Biology/OD Degree Program provides an opportunity for selected students to complete both the bachelor of science (BS) in biology and doctor of optometry (OD) in seven years.
As a successful candidate, you will enter PCO/SU following your third year at USciences. Our special arrangement with PCO/SU guarantees two seats each year for qualified USciences graduates participating in this program. As a student in this program, you will complete three years at USciences as a Biology major and four years at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, earning both BS and OD degrees.
Current USciences Students
If you are currently enrolled at USciences, you are eligible to apply for consideration before February 15 of your second year (U2). You qualify for application to this program if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
Minimum 1150 SAT score (combined critical reading and mathematics) or 25 ACT (composite)
- Overall USciences GPA of 3.0 upon completion of the first undergraduate year (U1), and a GPA of 3.3 upon completion of the second undergraduate year (U2) at USciences
High School Applicants
If you are a highly motivated student in your final year of high school, you are eligible to apply to this program provided you meet the following entrance criteria:
- Minimum 1200 SAT score (combined critical reading and mathematics) or 25 ACT (composite)
- Minimum high school grade point average of 3.40 (4.0 scale)
- Class rank in the top 25% of your graduating class
- Other evidence of scholarly and professional potential and of the desire to become a primary care provider
Prior to acceptance
- Meet all eligibility requirements as stated above
- Be interviewed by the pre-medical professions team
While matriculated at USciences
While enrolled in the program at USciences, you are required to maintain specific GPA and other performance standards.
For more information about the program, please contact
Lisa Thayer, MEd
Assistant Director of Pre-Health
Misher College of Arts and Sciences