Dual (BS/Medical Professional) Degree Programs at University of the Sciences
The dual degree programs at USciences can streamline your entry into one of our partner medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary medical schools. To decide if this program is a fit for you, please read more about our dual degree partner schools and the application process.
- An invitation to apply to a dual degree program is contingent upon your acceptance to USciences. Therefore, after applying to USciences AND receiving your acceptance, you may be invited to apply if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- The dual degree application will be mailed to eligible incoming first year students when invited to apply.
- Review information regarding our dual degree partners and eligibility requirements found on this page. Choose an institution whose mission aligns with your career aspirations. Example: “I want to apply to Cooper Medical School of Rowan University because I aspire to become a doctor and work in an urban, primary care setting.”
- Prepare supplemental materials for dual degree application:
- A one-page personal statement describing your motivation for and interest in your chosen medical/health professional career, including your long term career goal.
- An essay, not to exceed one page, describing how the mission of your chosen Dual Degree institution aligns with your career interests.
- A resume containing the following: education, community service, health-related, leadership, and other experiences you would like to highlight.
- Eligible students can submit the dual degree application and supplemental materials through mail or online by logging into their USciences account. Dual Degree Applications must be received by December 11th for consideration.
- If you submitted a USciences application, you can log into your account using the username and password used during account creation. If you submitted a Common Application, and do not already have a USciences account, you will need to create one using the same e-mail address which was used on the Common Application system.
- In your USciences Account: Go to the “My Account” section and click the “First Year Application” tab, then “Submit Supplemental Items” tab and choose your files to upload.
Benefits of the Dual Degree Program
- USciences’dual degree program can streamline your entry into medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary medical school. Many of our partner schools guarantee seats each year for qualified USciences students who meet eligibility criteria.
- Dual degree students who meet eligibility criteria will be invited to interview for their medical/health professional school of choice.
- At USciences you will receive a strong foundation in the natural and social sciences as well as the humanities to enhance your preparation for your admission exam (MCAT, DAT, GRE, OAT) and medical/health professions school.
- In our 3 + 4 programs students complete 3 years at USciences as a biology or biomedical sciences major before entering the professional school for 4 years, accelerating entry to medical/health professions school and graduation.
- In our 4 + 4 programs, students complete any USciences BS degree in 4 years before entering the medical/health professions school for 4 years.
- You will be assigned two dedicated advisors—one academic advisor and one pre-health professions advisor—who are committed to helping you achieve your career aspirations.
- You will be a part of a pre-medical/pre-health professions community of students with similar career aspirations in an environment that encourages collaboration among multiple healthcare professionals.
Explore the opportunities open to you by following the links below:
Many USciences students pursue pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-veterinary and pre-optometry aspirations outside of our dual degree programing, in fact, 94% of well-qualified USciences students are accepted to US medical schools!
Learn more about our pre-medical program.