Dual (BS/Medical Professional) Degree Programs at University of the Sciences
University of the Sciences’ dual-degree medical professional programs can streamline your entry into medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary medical school. Our partner schools guarantee seats each year for qualified USciences graduates. For incoming first year students this program is by invitation only. To decide if this program is a fit for you, please read more about our application process and the articulation agreements with our partner schools.
- First year students will be invited to apply to this program, and are encouraged to apply before the December 11 deadline. Invitations are based on the academic profile our Dual Degree partners require for early assurance admission.
- Review our Dual Degree partner’s agreements and requirements. See pages below.
- Choose an institution whose mission aligns with your career aspirations. Example: I want to get an MD and work in primary care in an urban setting—Cooper Rowan is a great match for me!
- Apply using our Dual Degree Application
- Submit an application, one page personal statement and resume by logging into your USciences Account. Common Application users will need to create a new account.
- Dual Degree Application
- Personal Statement: In one page, describe your interest and commitment to your medical/health professional career aspirations. Also, please describe how your career interests align with the mission of your chosen Dual Degree partner institution.
- Resume: Send a brief account of your education, qualifications, and applicable experience.
- Submit via your USciences Account:
- If you submitted a USciences application, you can log into your account using the username and password used during account creation. In the My Account section and click the First Year Application tab, then Submit Supplemental Items tab and choose your files to upload.
- If you submitted a Common Application*, and do not already have a USciences account, you will need to create one. Next, go to the My Account section and click the First Year Application tab, then Submit Supplemental Items tab and choose your files to upload
- *Common Application users: When creating a USciences account it is important you use the same email address which was used on the Common Application system.
- Interview invitations will be sent via email, beginning in January.
Benefits of the Dual Degree Program
- As a Dual Degree student you will have a guaranteed interview with your medical/health professional school of choice.
- For students who choose the 3 + 4 option, you will accelerate your medical school entry and graduation.
- At USciences you will receive a fantastic core science education.
- In our 3 plus 4 programs students complete 3 years at USciences with a biology major before moving to the professional school for 4 years.
- In our 4 plus 4 programs, students complete any USciences BS degree in 4 years before going to the professional school for 4 years.
- As a Pre-medical/Pre-health professions student you will have a team of advisors. You’ll be assigned two dedicated advisors — one academic advisor and one pre-health professions advisor — who are committed to your career aspirations.
- You will be a part of a pre-medical/pre-health professions community of students with similar career aspirations.
Explore the opportunities open to you by following the links below:
Many USciences students pursue pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-veterinary and pre-optometry aspirations outside of our dual degree programing, in fact, 94% of well-qualified USciences students are accepted to US medical schools!
Learn more about our pre-medical program.