Learning Opportunities in Health Science
You will understand and practice the science of health and health behaviors through classroom experience and Fieldwork projects, which will provide you with knowledge through observation and
shadowing assignments in the community. USciences has developed exciting partnerships with local and national organizations that offer multiple opportunities
An Education in Research
Research is also encouraged, and you can develop new ideas and applications in your chosen profession under faculty guidance and with students from other majors to present an interdisciplinary approach to health. Students are supported to present their research findings at national, regional, and local professional meetings.
The Chance to Customize
While a portion of the curriculum is based on required courses, you are given the ability to establish, under the guidance of an academic advisor, an individualized curriculum focused in an area of health science. You will take specific courses related to an area of interest that prepare you for future employment or further education. Sample areas of concentration include:
- Business management
- Community health/public policy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Chiropractic Care
A Scientific Approach to Healthcare
Through the Health Science program, you will learn how to:
- Utilize and explain medical technology.
- Identify components of wellness, prevention and health promotion.
- Describe the normal structure and function of the major body systems and the impact of diseases.
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation of the humanistic and ethical aspects of health service delivery.
- Critically analyze research design with methodology, and interpret research findings with regard to case study analysis.
Further Your Studies
A BSHS in Health Science provides an outstanding basis for you to further your studies at USciences. Options include a MS and PhD in Health Policy, an MS in Public Health or Physician Assistant Studies, a doctorate in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy, or an MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business.