Careers in Exercise Science and Wellness Management
Your Exercise Science and Wellness Management degree will prepare you to become active in promoting, managing, and coaching individuals to lead healthy lives.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor,
the demand for exercise science and
wellness management majors is expected
to increase by 37% through 2020.
Some potential career options include
- Strength and conditioning coach: Assists players and teams with staying in top shape.
- Health educator: Encourage health and wellness by teaching about behaviors that promote healthy living and prevent diseases.
- Corporate wellness director: Help companies help their employees become healthy.
- Personal trainer or sports, recreation, or health coach: Work one-on-one with clients to improve their physical well-being.
- Community sports or recreation specialist: Develop and implement programming at the local level.
As more employers and individuals recognize the benefit and importance of wellness educators, there will be more opportunities to practice in this expanding field in:
- Private and public companies
- Government agencies
- Fitness centers and health clubs
- School recreation departments
- Community-based recreation organizations
- Sports and team organizations, both professional and amateur
- Personal training
For more information on careers in Exercise Science and Wellness Management, see the field’s top organizations: