Careers in Exercise Science and Wellness Management
Your Exercise Science and Wellness Management degree will be a doorway to careers in health with unlimited potential. No matter what path you choose, you will have a positive effect on people’s lives.
Overall employment of health educators and exercise experts is expected to grow faster than average for all occupations in the coming years. Demand will increase because of people who either leave the field or retire.
Some potential career options include
- Strength and conditioning coach: Assists players and teams with staying in top shape.
- Health educator: Encourage health and wellness by teaching about behaviors that promote healthy living and prevent diseases.
- Corporate welness director: Help companies help their employees become healthy.
- Personal trainer: Work one-on-one with clients to improve their physical well-being.
- Community recreation specialist: Develop and implement programming at the local level.
As more employers and individuals recognize the benefit and importance of wellness educators, there will be more opportunities to practice in this expanding field in:
- Private and public companies
- Government agencies
- Fitness centers and health clubs
- School recreation departments
- Community-based recreation organizations
- Sports and team organizations, both professional and amateur
- Personal training
For more information on careers in Exercise Science and Wellness Management, see the field’s top organizations: